The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Moving Out The UK Because It Is A Woke Sh*thole, Any Suggestions Of More Conservative Locations?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
There is plenty of opportunity in the UK, but culturally it's not somewhere I want my kids to grow up, the woke laws / politics suck.

Any suggestions of thriving and common sense practicing cultures and locations would be appreciated!
Depends on what factor you are looking at.

If you are looking at Economics and taxes and values associated with that many eastern societies are at the far right of the spectrum. The idea of high distributive tax is a morally alien concept here because you are morally only responsible for your bloodlines. Everyone else is a stranger.

But If you are looking at freedom to badmouth ethnic or religious minority then you are one step closer to getting national security officers knocking on your door.

“STFU and make money”. There are a lot of such business friendly places in the world.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
How is this "woke" movement affecting your everyday lives negatively? Like how bad can it be? Can you give examples?
Can't you just turn off the TV, stop reading news on the internet and live peacefully, or is it so bad that you are affected in real life?

I'm just curious, where I live in Europe the woke movement hasn't spread much and its importance isn't looking to become significant any time soon
Usually when people say this, they mean they can't say racist shit anymore and they're sad. Boo F*cking hoo.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
How much does it cost to move to another European country now we're out of the EU?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks man. I'm open to anywhere. I've heard good things about Hungary also, I am also considering the Middle East or Eastern Europe

If like you say you are a "person of colour", then Eastern Europe is not the place for you. I've heard good things about Hungary though.

Leron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 12, 2021
If like you say you are a "person of colour", then Eastern Europe is not the place for you. I've heard good things about Hungary though.
Yeah, if I was white I would move there, I'm thinking the middle east because of my racial background

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Yeah, if I was white I would move there, I'm thinking the middle east because of my racial background
I have a friend living in Addis Ababa Ethiopia, he absolutely loves it. Africa is very different form Europe though

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
I have a friend living in Addis Ababa Ethiopia, he absolutely loves it. Africa is very different form Europe though
Have you ever had Ethiopian food? It's amazing. Interesting. I wonder what life is like there...

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Twitter is literal hell.
Yup, it is. Gives one a seriously distorted version of the world. Most of it's rubbish anyway i.e. you're arguing with a sock puppet in a bot factory in Ukraine.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Agreed. Thus the premise of the thread. Moving somewhere you like better.

I’m fully in on that goal and wish I had done this before I got as deeply rooted in business here.

As an American, the USVIs look like the best bet now. Low taxes. Keep my passport. Not going to become a state.

If they manage to screw that up, I’ll renounce and move to the Caymans or Bahamas.
I knew I'd convince you of USVI. Just hope others don't crowd it before I am able to reach my goal of living there! Lol!

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
And last in the EU in terms of freedom of speech. Which is what OP's running from in the UK.

For reference:

Bulgaria freedom index ranking: 116th

United Kingdom freedom index ranking: 33rd
The freedom of speech index is hardly an objective measure. It is provided by Reporters Without Borders, an extreme left-wing/woke organization.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Dare I ask which woke laws you think you are subject to?

Dan

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
nomadlist.com has some decent filters to narrow down what you're looking for.

Curious, have you joined this community or just use the free info they give. I lived abroad for 7 years and this would of been a cool tool to have back in the day. On other note, all the US cities crime rates look pretty bad to the rest of the world.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Neither yet, but I follow the entrepreneur behind it. He's built some decent projects in the past few years.

Cool, I may check out and will get back to you as I'm going to be traveling a lot and may be a good source to make some travel blogger friends too, not that expensive. Haven't checked any other similar platforms but was in a travel blogger community like ten years ago and was very helpful.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
As full-time resident of Georgia, I can only speak of this country.

#7 in the world by the index of ease of business (Worldbank data)
#4 in the world by the index of safety (Numbeo.com)
#12 in the world by the index of economic freedom (Heritage.org)

Do you like mountains? - check!
Do you like sea? - check!
Do you like rainforests? - check!
Do you like deserts/safari? - check!
Do you like nightlife/clubs/shitty dive bars? - check
Do you like wine? - double check!

Price of living is much cheaper than Europe (city public transportation $0.25, meal in restaurant $5-10, city center 100sq/m apartment $400).

Maybe I'm biased as a local, but having traveled in europe, can't think of any that's better to live.

What's the deal with wild dogs in Georgia? I've heard a few people say they were chased by packs of street dogs in the capital or in parks etc

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
never heard anybody being "chased", though sterilized stray dogs and cats are free to move in the city.
I'd be more cautious in mountains with shepherd dogs, they are the real deal.
Good to know, thanks!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
As full-time resident of Georgia, I can only speak of this country.

#7 in the world by the index of ease of business (Worldbank data)
#4 in the world by the index of safety (Numbeo.com)
#12 in the world by the index of economic freedom (Heritage.org)

Do you like mountains? - check!
Do you like sea? - check!
Do you like rainforests? - check!
Do you like deserts/safari? - check!
Do you like nightlife/clubs/shitty dive bars? - check
Do you like wine? - double check!

Price of living is much cheaper than Europe (city public transportation $0.25, meal in restaurant $5-10, city center 100sq/m apartment $400).

Maybe I'm biased as a local, but having traveled in europe, can't think of any that's better to live.

I definitely intend to visit some of these lesser known countries in Europe that a lot of you have mentioned.

Rider103

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 26, 2021
There is plenty of opportunity in the UK, but culturally it's not somewhere I want my kids to grow up, the woke laws / politics suck.

Any suggestions of thriving and common sense practicing cultures and locations would be appreciated!
Cyprus should do it

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
What is meant by woke movement?

We go to Poland for dirtbike riding sometimes.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Everybody here is benefiting from it at the moment so theres a blind eye turned to it. Lots of high paid tech jobs with multinationals & the government gets a small % of the multinationals profits which do add up.

I’m talking more about society, they are policing speech, changing and adding in random laws. Pretty much like every western english speaking country at the moment. A lot of our influences/ culture come from the English speaking USA & UK now.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Everybody here is benefiting from it at the moment so theres a blind eye turned to it. Lots of high paid tech jobs with multinationals & the government gets a small % of the multinationals profits which do add up.

I’m talking more about society, they are policing speech, changing and adding in random laws. Pretty much like every western english speaking country at the moment. A lot of our influences/ culture come from the English speaking USA & UK now.
Shit. Ireland was my next bet :D

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Great topic indeed, if you work from home then the choice must not be that hard, but if you have to get a job it gets a little bit harder.

I've been preparing my "Portuguexit" for some years now, and hopefully the pandemic disappears fast because I want to leave my country by the end of the year.

I am going to Germany, the idea of a cheap Bulgaria or Ukraine is nice, but it isn't that appealing when you need to get a job in my opinion.

My barber told me the other day that Poland is awesome though, and even me being quite conservative the truth is that housing and a strong economy is a priority for me.

Let's see how it goes.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
México baby! Biased because I live here now.
Legal is a suggestion, sure there's corruption and crime, but I like a little spice in my life. It keeps you on your toes.
The upside is great. I haven't really found anything that's more expensive here than in Canada, much better climate (I love the warmth and sun, but there's a wide range of climates here if you're not all for it), and the people here really value their freedom. I can walk into a pharmacy and buy medicine without a prescription, and my favourite part is that they're not completely covid crazy with restrictions (at least in the state I'm in). Easy visa as well. Worth looking into.
How is the housing in Mexico?

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Great topic indeed, if you work from home then the choice must not be that hard, but if you have to get a job it gets a little bit harder.

I've been preparing my "Portuguexit" for some years now, and hopefully the pandemic disappears fast because I want to leave my country by the end of the year.

I am going to Germany, the idea of a cheap Bulgaria or Ukraine is nice, but it isn't that appealing when you need to get a job in my opinion.

My barber told me the other day that Poland is awesome though, and even me being quite conservative the truth is that housing and a strong economy is a priority for me.

Let's see how it goes.

Olá Bruno,

I just moved to Portugal to study. I've noticed there are lots of Portuguese who have left for other parts of Europe. Is this happening more lately?

In your opinion, how would you compare the UK and Portugal? I feel both these countries have a high cost of housing/living compared to average wages.

Eastern Europe does seem quite interesting. Especially for conservatives :)

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
Texas, I think they give out the death penalty for liberals down there, and when you are born, legend has it the doctor hands you an AR-15.

Will be interesting to see with alot of Americans moving to Texas the amount of time before it turns into the new California. Hey look! A bunch of homeless people camping outside someones business! Omg is that poo on the sidewalk!?
You haven't been to Austin recently, huh?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
If you’re considering Asia, as far as South Korea and Japan go... unless you’re willing to get married to a citizen there; you’re going to have a difficult time retaining a visa.

The governments want the brains to come and help develop the countries, but they don’t necessarily want those same people to live there permanently.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.