Hello guys,
I have been lurking on this forum for a few years.
I'm a proud fan of TF and Unscripted and have been trying to apply the concepts and the lifestyle proposed by DeMarco.
At the moment I'm facing a very difficult decision for someone of my age.
I'm 24 years old and do work or actually completely manage my family business.
Started working when I was just 19 and the growth my work and ideas produced was so strong that my father left me 100% of the managing work.
Right now I make X and invest 30% of my monthly income in my business and other stuff.
I don't need to invest much money to keep growing my business rather I need to be patient and keep investing my work and my time the right way.
I'm facing this choice: should I move out of my parent house? And tought that older and fast loaners than me could have given me the right advice. I think it's not easy to get this kind of advice from parents.
But grown up entrepreneurs can definitely help me.
At the moment I do keep 100% of my income and barely invest 30% and spend the other 20%.
While I do save almost 50% or more.
Sounds amazing doesn't it?
The problem is that I feel the urge to have some privacy, and follow my own rules.
I'm single and really and seriously want to live my life as a single man.
I also have many girls orbiting around me but in my situation where I spend 80% of my time working and then live with my parents it is impossibile to have any kind of easy or serious relationship.
Moving alone will mean spending 60% of my income to live, still investing around 30% and saving 10% or less.
What would you more experienced guys do in my situation?
Chase the freedom and better mental happiness while living 'check to check'.
Or waiting and keep investing/saving my money and live with less freedom but almost problems free?
I have been lurking on this forum for a few years.
I'm a proud fan of TF and Unscripted and have been trying to apply the concepts and the lifestyle proposed by DeMarco.
At the moment I'm facing a very difficult decision for someone of my age.
I'm 24 years old and do work or actually completely manage my family business.
Started working when I was just 19 and the growth my work and ideas produced was so strong that my father left me 100% of the managing work.
Right now I make X and invest 30% of my monthly income in my business and other stuff.
I don't need to invest much money to keep growing my business rather I need to be patient and keep investing my work and my time the right way.
I'm facing this choice: should I move out of my parent house? And tought that older and fast loaners than me could have given me the right advice. I think it's not easy to get this kind of advice from parents.
But grown up entrepreneurs can definitely help me.
At the moment I do keep 100% of my income and barely invest 30% and spend the other 20%.
While I do save almost 50% or more.
Sounds amazing doesn't it?
The problem is that I feel the urge to have some privacy, and follow my own rules.
I'm single and really and seriously want to live my life as a single man.
I also have many girls orbiting around me but in my situation where I spend 80% of my time working and then live with my parents it is impossibile to have any kind of easy or serious relationship.
Moving alone will mean spending 60% of my income to live, still investing around 30% and saving 10% or less.
What would you more experienced guys do in my situation?
Chase the freedom and better mental happiness while living 'check to check'.
Or waiting and keep investing/saving my money and live with less freedom but almost problems free?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
