- Joined
- Sep 28, 2015
- Messages
- 97
Rep Bank
$780
$780
User Power: 208%
This summer the news, youtube and US blogs blew up about a new gadget from Europe. The gadget is patented in the manufacturers country in Europe.
I searched to buy this product because I wanted one for myself, but found that only one retailer in the US has picked it up. It hasn't hit Amazon or ebay. Aside from that, the manufacturer is pushing social media hard and directing sales to their website. Their site says that they are out of stock for the foreseeable future.
So, this got the gears in my head turning. For the sake of speed, I already started a conversation with a Chinese manufacturer and sent them a sketch of my own rendition of the design. First things first is to see the margins. Maybe I can get to market before it floods and the bottom drops out of the prices.
What I'm questioning is whether or not patent issues with the manufacturer could come up. From what I understand, patents are regional. If it is manufactured in China and sold in the US, I don't see infringement issues with their patent. I plan to sell on Amazon, so I'm not sure if that could kick up foreign patent issues.
Anyone have any specific insight on this topic?
I searched to buy this product because I wanted one for myself, but found that only one retailer in the US has picked it up. It hasn't hit Amazon or ebay. Aside from that, the manufacturer is pushing social media hard and directing sales to their website. Their site says that they are out of stock for the foreseeable future.
So, this got the gears in my head turning. For the sake of speed, I already started a conversation with a Chinese manufacturer and sent them a sketch of my own rendition of the design. First things first is to see the margins. Maybe I can get to market before it floods and the bottom drops out of the prices.
What I'm questioning is whether or not patent issues with the manufacturer could come up. From what I understand, patents are regional. If it is manufactured in China and sold in the US, I don't see infringement issues with their patent. I plan to sell on Amazon, so I'm not sure if that could kick up foreign patent issues.
Anyone have any specific insight on this topic?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
