The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile App business

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys,

Newbie here so treat me well ;)

Stumbled across this forum whilst google searching and would love some advice or anything that can help me in my pursuit for financial freedom.

I had a lightbulb idea for a Mobile App about 3 months ago and just went for the plunge and acted upon it. Did my research and communicated with a few companies who were interested in my idea, but eventually found an American App developer company ( I’m from UK ) that was interested in my App concept and they agreed to take it on.

We are currently in the Prototype stage at the moment, sorting out marketing strategies and revenue module. All getting pitch prepared for an Angel investor to fund the appropriate money to advance to the next stage and build the App completely so it will be ready to go live on the App Store.

Still a long way off this stage at the moment, but with everything, I’m obviously planning my strategies and doing as much research as I can. Reading up on mobile App books and business books.

I will be looking at building this into my own business. That’s certainly my goal and visual dream for the future. At 33 years of age, I am sick and tired of working long night shifts etc, working for a horrible boss. Life’s not terrible by all means, but I got a plan where I want financial freedom and I’m going for it.

Just wondering are there any similar sort of entrepreneurs on here that have opened up a business for Mobile apps or even websites ?

Any advice on how you started ?

Much appreciated guys

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
Hey guys,

Newbie here so treat me well ;)

Stumbled across this forum whilst google searching and would love some advice or anything that can help me in my pursuit for financial freedom.

I had a lightbulb idea for a Mobile App about 3 months ago and just went for the plunge and acted upon it. Did my research and communicated with a few companies who were interested in my idea, but eventually found an American App developer company ( I’m from UK ) that was interested in my App concept and they agreed to take it on.

We are currently in the Prototype stage at the moment, sorting out marketing strategies and revenue module. All getting pitch prepared for an Angel investor to fund the appropriate money to advance to the next stage and build the App completely so it will be ready to go live on the App Store.

Still a long way off this stage at the moment, but with everything, I’m obviously planning my strategies and doing as much research as I can. Reading up on mobile App books and business books.

I will be looking at building this into my own business. That’s certainly my goal and visual dream for the future. At 33 years of age, I am sick and tired of working long night shifts etc, working for a horrible boss. Life’s not terrible by all means, but I got a plan where I want financial freedom and I’m going for it.

Just wondering are there any similar sort of entrepreneurs on here that have opened up a business for Mobile apps or even websites ?

Any advice on how you started ?

Much appreciated guys
Curious, what are the terms of the agreement with this company? Do they own part of the app or are they just contracted to create and market it?

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Curious, what are the terms of the agreement with this company? Do they own part of the app or are they just contracted to create and market it?

No , they are literally just contracted to market and create it. Obviously before taking me on, they have to make sure it’s a potential business concept that they believe can get investment. So they basically build the prototype, which they have now, then we go to market it and promote it through all social media channels, plus marketing website. We work together with a business model and plan. All in preperation to try and get investors on board, so they can get the appropriate funds to build the App fully, then we release into the App Store. In the meantime, I’ll be sorting out the business side of things like Domain, company name etc etc. They only make their money on the investment contract, so they want to see this work just as much as I do. They work with me for a full year, help me with my business pitch to.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Congrats on taking actions!
You seem to be doing well, keep pushing!

Thanks mate. I believe in my concept and believe I have solved a problem in a huge market. Will never know the outcome unless I atleast give it a go. To get out the rat race is my dream.

Sizemore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 21, 2019
No , they are literally just contracted to market and create it. Obviously before taking me on, they have to make sure it’s a potential business concept that they believe can get investment. So they basically build the prototype, which they have now, then we go to market it and promote it through all social media channels, plus marketing website. We work together with a business model and plan. All in preperation to try and get investors on board, so they can get the appropriate funds to build the App fully, then we release into the App Store. In the meantime, I’ll be sorting out the business side of things like Domain, company name etc etc. They only make their money on the investment contract, so they want to see this work just as much as I do. They work with me for a full year, help me with my business pitch to.
Can you give me a ballpark of your upfront cost and how much investor $ you are looking to raise? I am asking because I’m considering learning to to it myself, but am stretched for time so this could be a better option. Thanks for your help!

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Can you give me a ballpark of your upfront cost and how much investor $ you are looking to raise? I am asking because I’m considering learning to to it myself, but am stretched for time so this could be a better option. Thanks for your help!

Well it cost me £2,400 upfront to enter my developers incubator programme. This basically pays for the prototype, marketing model, website , business plan etc. Once I get an investor on board, which I believe I will, my £2,400 goes towards the cost of building the App fully, along with the investors money. I’m already in contact with a guy who owns a mobile App business and is potentially interested in my concept. He wants to meet me once I have my business plan together. As for how much I need for the investor, I don’t have that figure at this moment in time. We still need to develop a revenue model and market campaign before I can generate those figures. But in general for a mobile App to built, it can cost anything from £20,000 - 80,000, depending on the App itself. Hope that helps.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Thanks for checking up on it mate.

I’m currently at the MVP stage now trying to gain traction, sign ups and notice throughout my social media profiles etc. I have a brand now set up, all trademarked with my concept. I’m looking at investment next year and im
Currently developing my business plan as we speak. I got a fully functioning prototype to. My landing page and website below explaining what my App will do and how to follow me on social media

Www.outswitchit.com

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Thanks for checking up on it mate.

I’m currently at the MVP stage now trying to gain traction, sign ups and notice throughout my social media profiles etc. I have a brand now set up, all trademarked with my concept. I’m looking at investment next year and im
Currently developing my business plan as we speak. I got a fully functioning prototype to. My landing page and website below explaining what my App will do and how to follow me on social media

Www.outswitchit.com

I took a look and WOW! You've made a lot of progress in a few months. Bravo!
I hope you'll get a lot of downloads, but according to the screenshots, your app looks good.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
I took a look and WOW! You've made a lot of progress in a few months. Bravo!
I hope you'll get a lot of downloads, but according to the screenshots, your app looks good.

Much appreciated mate. Yeh, that’s exactly what my App will look like once it’s built fully and my prototype is exactly like the screenshots you see on my website. I’m aim to take my prototype to the investors to showcase it. Obviously I do need to build a following though and get sign ups, plus gain traction for it. I need to show the investor this will make money.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Much appreciated mate. Yeh, that’s exactly what my App will look like once it’s built fully and my prototype is exactly like the screenshots you see on my website. I’m aim to take my prototype to the investors to showcase it. Obviously I do need to build a following though and get sign ups, plus gain traction for it. I need to show the investor this will make money.

I suggest you to create an Instagram brand account and start building a follower base which will be possible downloaders once your app is released. It's hard but if you do it right (contest? giveaway?) and you really aim inside your niche (fashion or clothes enthusiasts?) you could have WAY more downloads. Go on!

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
I suggest you to create an Instagram brand account and start building a follower base which will be possible downloaders once your app is released. It's hard but if you do it right (contest? giveaway?) and you really aim inside your niche (fashion or clothes enthusiasts?) you could have WAY more downloads. Go on!

Alread done :) I have Facebook , Instagram and Twitter for my App concept. Should be at bottom of my website to follow. Search Outswitchit on Instagram, Twitter and Fbook. Give us a follow :)

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Alread done :) I have Facebook , Instagram and Twitter for my App concept. Should be at bottom of my website to follow. Search Outswitchit on Instagram, Twitter and Fbook. Give us a follow :)

Yeah mate I just saw it! Keep on the good work, provide value, grow your following, and you should be successful!

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Appreciate the feedback mate. Yes, I’ll be working on promoting it over the next few months and trying to gain a large following. Need to provide proof of an MVP product to an investor.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Yeah mate I just saw it! Keep on the good work, provide value, grow your following, and you should be successful!

Any tips my friend ? The business side Of things, organisation and general App aspect I am strong with, but I have to admit my marketing isn’t so strong. Would love some advice from anyone to try and promote it well and gain more traction

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Any tips my friend ? The business side Of things, organisation and general App aspect I am strong with, but I have to admit my marketing isn’t so strong. Would love some advice from anyone to try and promote it well and gain more traction
I'm not an expert but try to grow your Instagram following as much as possible. Your followers will be the first downloads you'll have and they are very important!

MichaelCash

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Apr 7, 2013
New York
Congrats! I don't want to discourage you but mobile app business is brutal. It is hard to make people use your app. What may happen is that you develop an app and nobody will be using it. I know it is hard, but try to think about it and think how to mitigate this risk from the very beginning.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Congrats! I don't want to discourage you but mobile app business is brutal. It is hard to make people use your app. What may happen is that you develop an app and nobody will be using it. I know it is hard, but try to think about it and think how to mitigate this risk from the very beginning.

Appreciate that and I agree, it’s very hard to make it big in the mobile App business. But you can certainly make money without being a huge game player like what’s App etc. There are thousands of App entrepreneurs out there we probably have never heard of, but are making decent money from their Apps. It’s just about marketing right at the start and actually creating a decent user friendly App people will likely use and come back to.

Tblock1985

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 31, 2019
Hey guys. Just a little update on my latest venture. I been in close contact with an App business owner I networked with a few months ago. Cut a long story short, he loves my mobile App concept and is interested in potentially giving me the full money to get this off the ground. I won’t go into full details, but I’m going to need roughly £40,000. This will get the App developed fully for Apple/Android and also pay for marketing to get it off the ground and making money the moment it goes live. Now, my potential investor also wants to possibly partner up with me. We are still a long way from that, but that’s how much he believes in my product. Anyway, my pitch/business deck has been done and he wants me to sort my revenue numbers out better and demonstrate a better profit margin with my figures and model over the 5 year period. Any tips guys on how to combat this ? Where do I start ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.