The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ, what's the plan?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Just curious to know if you'd be willing to share a broad overview of how you plan to market your book once it's done. Are you going ebook, self-publishing or sumbit to a publishing house? What type of launch plan do you have for the book outside of the site? Have you learned anything so far about the writing process that you'd like to share with the class?

...And are you really moving to Costa Rica? If so, remind me to tell you about a great spot with some hot springs in the middle of a cloud forest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Really depends ... once I finish the book, a lot of things will be clearer as to my approach. If I have 10,000 pre orders, I can submit to a publishing house and have some leverage. I want to explore all the options before making those decisions. It will not be an Ebook. Orginally, I wanted to self-publish but now I'm not sure. Those decisions I can evaluate later ...

My dream is just to write it and finish. If I sell gazillions, thats just gravy. When its finished and I actually have something I can pick up, I will start actively marketing it, this site, and the content. I am starting to promote this site a little bit more now that the article section has gone live. Like a lot of folks, I have difficulty focusing and my attention is everywhere ... do I write blogs? Go to Lowes and pick out new carpet? Write articles? Call the painter? The book? Add features to the forum? I am best with a laser focus, not with diverted attentions.

Costa Rica is a possibility -- not sure if I want to leave friends and family as I don't think they would follow.

Thanks for asking!

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area
There's no reason you can't divide time between Costa Rica and the US. I went to Costa Rica a few years ago and fell in love. As far as the book is concernd - thank you for not making it an ebook.

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
what's the deal with Costa Rica guys? Anything I'm missing here. :D How come so many people visited that country?

btw, I heard Panama and Chile are hot as well.

south_america_pol98.jpg

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Costa Rica is a possibility -- not sure if I want to leave friends and family as I don't think they would follow.

We've got a great condo investment property down in San Jose Del Cabo (roughly 20-30 minutes outside of Cabo San Lucas) that you could look into renting?? eh? eh? :smxA: haha

Can't wait for the book by the way.

-Alex

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
what's the deal with Costa Rica guys? Anything I'm missing here. :D How come so many people visited that country?

Well, there are many reasons. Costa Rica is BEAUTIFUL, the people are laid back and friendly, it's affordable and for the most part you are living completely under the radar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.