The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ wasn't kidding when he said this...

Anything related to matters of the mind

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
"A bad idea with great execution is better than a great idea with bad execution."

And bad execution means no execution.

Because how are you going to get publicity if you have no execution?

There's no such thing as someone that has had "bad execution" when they knew they were doing their absolute best in the moment. Because even if they get entirely negative reviews, they then realize that X should have occured, or Y should have been done at this point in the publication.

Execution is about action. As soon as you have your first execution, you may choose to refine it, or publish it as it is.

But refining it should not be synonymous with "gee I have refined this to perfection, it better get positive reviews now!"

No. It should be equivalent to knowing that you got rid of previous mistakes evident in what you're about to publish. Don't expect to get 100% great reviews. The goal is to affect peoples' lives in a positive way. And most of the time, there will always be a Slowlaner lurking in the shadows.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JakeVW

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 27, 2016
"A bad idea with great execution is better than a great idea with bad execution."

And bad execution means no execution.

Because how are you going to get publicity if you have no execution?

There's no such thing as someone that has had "bad execution" when they knew they were doing their absolute best in the moment. Because even if they get entirely negative reviews, they then realize that X should have occured, or Y should have been done at this point in the publication.

Execution is about action. As soon as you have your first execution, you may choose to refine it, or publish it as it is.

But refining it should not be synonymous with "gee I have refined this to perfection, it better get positive reviews now!"

No. It should be equivalent to knowing that you got rid of previous mistakes evident in what you're about to publish. Don't expect to get 100% great reviews. The goal is to affect peoples' lives in a positive way. And most of the time, there will always be a Slowlaner lurking in the shadows.
Agreed! Took that advice to heart and said "I'm tired of looking for the PERFECT product to import" so today I went ahead and got samples of products from three manufacturers. Will they be "THE ONE"? Probably not, but I'm a hell of a lot closer to that than I was before!

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Agreed! Took that advice to heart and said "I'm tired of looking for the PERFECT product to import" so today I went ahead and got samples of products from three manufacturers. Will they be "THE ONE"? Probably not, but I'm a hell of a lot closer to that than I was before!
Similarly, I decided to make a review of a product and post it on YouTube. I can't even remember what my previous thoughts were, but I was impeded by fear and inaction. I just decided to "press record" and record a 4-minute video.

I re-watched the video and it looked amazing! I'm actually better than I thought. I then decided on a brand name for ME, INC. before uploading. Before the few moments that I decided on it, I thought, "No way. People won't take you seriously."

Then, I thought, "but people will find my name interesting and base the reviews off my material." (This was the case when I had another YouTube channel.) So I did it: I claimed my name on all social media and bought a domain. I'm locked in.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Yea, i started my progress thread(in sig) talking about this, idk what i was doing but now im learning from my mistakes and i got the ball rolling..

taking small steps is better than no steps

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Ready. Fire. Aim.

That's my motto in life. Just get started and figure it out along the way. If you try to plan every outcome you'll get stuck in "analysis paralysis".

That's been my experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.