The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ DeMarco on the TMBA Podcast talking about FIRE!

Anything related to matters of the mind

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
I used the search function but could find no mention of this anywhere, but apologies if this has indeed been mentioned elsewhere on the forum.

MJ DeMarco was recently (Feb27) on the Tropical MBA Podcast. For those who don't know the guys behind TMBA (Dan and Ian) are some of the OGs of the "digital nomad" movement from the past decade. They were doing it before it was cool, and in fact probably had quite the influence in how that scene developed.

I had been listening to them since before their merging/rebranding (Lifestyle Business Podcast I think) and they even inspired me to do the digital nomad thing for a while. They run their own private forum which has a bit of exclusivity to it (you must be a proven business owner). I made friends with some of the members during my travels and had a peek inside and it seemed cool.

Anyways I haven't listened to them in a while but on a whim today I decided to check them out today and lo and behold they had an interview with MJ! It was great to listen to. A lot of the first half is just a good intro to The Millionaire Fastlane and the concepts and philosophy behind it, so if you're here it might not be critical for you. But the real interesting part for me was in the latter half when they talk about the FIRE movement.

FIRE for those that don't know stands for "Financially Independent, Retire Early", and think of it like an "optimized" slow lane, or as MJ put it in the podcast, "they're in the right neighborhood [as Fastlaners], but at the wrong house". It's a view that I've grown interested in, and there's no harm in practicing some of the movement's tenets, but ultimately they come up short compared to people going for the fast lane. Personally I think you can do like the FIRE people do while also working on getting into the fast lane.

Anyhoo, it was great to hear two of my favorite business/entrepreneurship/personal development entities connect. Just listen to the pod, it's great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Thanks! I wouldn't have found this otherwise. Stopped listening to TMBA podcast quite some time ago...

Will give it a listen tomorrow.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks for the find! Will put this on my phone later and listen as I head to jail (work)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I saw this on mj's instagram story, so went and checked it out. Great podcast and I've been meaning to get on to listening to tmba for ages now.

Listen to about 2 per day with my workouts the last week, great pod!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Here's a thread Dan from TMBA made back at the end of 2012, one of the founders of Tropical MBA.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.