The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mind over Market: Next level Mindset

Anything related to matters of the mind

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
Business often requires negotiating with other businesses, and dealing with people and human nature.
But you can often be soft, and fall into the trap that the world is utopia and all people seek to be and do good. Which we know is not the reality.
Human nature is twisted and can be toxic. Not always but sometimes it tends to be.

How can you leverage this and be a better person, efficient and good businessman/woman, and most importantly not become toxic?

Your attitude carves your success
Change your circumstances by changing your attitude - Robert Greene.
Don't doubt yourself, your competence, and your knowledge, but challenge it. "What you think, you become". Your attitude toward the world and attitude towards yourself is a key factor in developing firm grounds for the things you stand for. Business is often stressful, requires long work hours and uncertainty is a fact but if you know what you stand for, and what you are working towards, you can become unshaken. You lead, emotions don't lead you.

Keep an Ace up your sleeve.
Your first offer isn't the best offer you can get. Most of the time, the first offer is profitable only for one party. In negotiation, always have another party that is also interested in your deal. This way you can negotiate a better deal and you have a better chance of succeeding with your business. They should want to work with you, not you with them, even if that may not be true. This way you create an aura of attraction and power. This aura in others' eyes displays that you are a firm business/person.

Feel professional
You may not be always very confident in yourself and your understanding of things but you can be professional about it. Reflect on your past, professional and personal. This widens your perspective of understanding why something failed/succeeded, what you know and what you know that you don't know. Be Stoic! Walk, sit, and wear professionally , good suits/outfits open the doors you can't even comprehend. Have a good posture and invest in your mental and physical health. Don't jump on an answer in conversations. This way, you don't feel an avalanche of thoughts such as: I wish I said xyz, I wish I didn't say xyz...Your words must be concise. Practice talking in the mirror. Practice consice thinking by writing.

Read the Mask
Every person is unique but understanding on a base level, what person you are dealing with, can help form new partnerships or avoid bad ones. There are plenty of books based on this title. In my personal opinion, I learned the most about that person when I let them talk more than I talk. Eventually, they will open up and reveal themself. Observe mimics, gestures, and facial expressions. Reading the mask of a person can help you resonate with them which can lead to new partnerships and sealing deals.

Don't take everything I said as something you always need to do. You don't always have to wear suits. Don't complicate friendships by always reading their masks. Don't overthink and complicate it.
When you feel like you will need it (advice/tip/something you've read), then you probably will need it but it is good to know these things.

All this said is inspired by my past and books I've read and a lot of it is my personal opinion. Some things are said Gazilion times on the internet but overall I think it is worth reflecting on.

Can't wait to hear what you guys have learned about people from your experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.