The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire by Thirty by Doug Andrew

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I am about to start reading this book I picked up while I was at the library getting a few of my favorites for re-reads(The Top 10 Distinctions Between Millionaires and the Middle Class and Four Hour Workweek).

The synopsis was enough to "sell" this book as a potential good read, it states:

"Most people know that there are 70 million Baby Boomers in America today....but what is less known is that there are approximately 100 million people in America between the ages of 16 and 30. This generation has just entered, or will soon be entering the work force. And they have no idea how to invest, save, or handle their money.

Young people today come out of school having had little or no formal education on the basics of money management. Many have large debts from student loans looming over their heads. And many feel confused and powerless when their pricey educations don't translate into high paying jobs. They feel that their $30,000-$40,000 salary is too meager to bother with investing, and they constantly fear that there will be "too much month left at the end of their money."

Douglas R. Andrew has shown the parents of this generation a different pathway to financial freedom. Now Doug and his sons, Emron and Aaron - both of whom are in their mid-20s - show the under-30 crowd how they can break from traditional 401k investment plans and instead can find a better way by investing in real estate, budgeting effectively, avoiding unnecessary taxes and using life insurance to create tax-free income.

With the principles outlined in Millionaire by Thirty, recent graduates will be earning enough interest on their savings to meet their basic living expenses by the time they're 30. And by the time they're 35, their investments will be earning more money than they are, guaranteeing them a happy, wealthy future."

I will update this upon reading, but just wondering if anyone else has read it and what their thoughts are?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hoop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Dec 8, 2007
Mr. Andrews has written a number of books, typically about the same thing: Leveraging Cash Value Life Insurance to acquire wealth. I think his biggest title was, Missed Fortune.

Some of what he has to say is interesting but, because it carries the "stink" of life insurance, people typically just dismiss it as a sale tool to sell the insurance product.

Let us know what you think.

Hoop

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've heard nothing good about it ... just some rouse to sell you into his financial products. Read the reviews at Amazon, they are pretty amusing.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
That's unfortunate, when I saw the part about dissing 401k's it brought memories of you doing the "MTV Cribs" on your web cam at B&P :p

That alone made it worth picking up, but if it's just trading 401k's for Life Insurance I can save myself the time, not to mention I still have to finish re-reading the other two books mentioned above :cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.