The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Methods to Capitalize on the Everchanging Retail/Commerce World

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
So its really interesting how fast this is happening. I feel like most malls, if not all will go down and everything will primarily be ecommerce. I want to find a way to capitalize on this. I don't think an opportunity like this will come again. Discuss? Predictions? Forecasting?

I think they will all be replaced by giant ecommerce warehouses.

All I got right now is my sub-par ecommerce website.

What will be a place of high foot traffic? Vending machine business as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
I think old indoor malls should be turned into senior living centers.
You could build out hundreds of apartments for them. You could have a grocery store, convenience store, hair / beauty salon, and restaurants. Don't forget a health care clinic and vision clinic.
Most malls have a theater so there's your entertainment. Put in a health club for exercise. They could also exercise year round by walking the mall.
Plenty of parking for the residents and their guests.

That's always been my thought. Never have run the numbers but I think it has potential.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Exactly along the same lines I was thinking. Just for the senior market. For those of you that don't think about it the senior market is massive and still growing as life expectancy increases.

Keep in mind that seniors can't always get around as easily as others. Everything would be indoors and within walking / wheelchair distance. They would have their own little "neighborhood". It looks like the application you found works as well.

In the senior application they could have a golf cart service like a taxi service in the mall that takes them to the health / vision clinic, grocery store, etc.

So many different businesses could run within this "community". Food delivery from the restaurants, medicine delivery, nursing services, pet care. You name it. They could even add a park outside for residents to get some fresh air.

I think there is a lot of upside for both applications. Just have to find that funding!

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Convert it to housing. On the bottom have little shops, a pool, an arboretum, and then build multiple floors above the mall for housing. Not sure if there would be much appeal though.

Speaking of... owning apartment complexes or rental properties looks like the way to make money in the future. With the average student having 30k in student loans upon graduation I don't see how slowlaners can save enough money for a down payment on a house in a reasonable amount of time.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Convert it to housing. On the bottom have little shops, a pool, an arboretum, and then build multiple floors above the mall for housing. Not sure if there would be much appeal though.

Speaking of... owning apartment complexes or rental properties looks like the way to make money in the future. With the average student having 30k in student loans upon graduation I don't see how slowlaners can save enough money for a down payment on a house in a reasonable amount of time.

A younger crowd would definitely get bored with the same stuff all around. It would be like high school/college all over again

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Exactly... You make my point.

I don't think the younger crowd would like it. Why would you want to live in a former mall? Too many better options.

I think seniors would love it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.