The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Meetup for Networking in Malaysia?

NAVEN23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 3, 2019
Hi Fastlaners,

A call for networking session with the forum members who are around in Klang Valley.
Maybe we can have a 2-3 hours of session in Starbucks?

@ClaverCasley @ZF Lee Are you guys interested?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
When? Where? Which Starbucks?

Another (non-Malaysian) Fastlaner is discussing details on coming here as well, but his time frame is around August or September, which could be quite far off. We'll have to see on his part.

But I'm open! My current progress's falling to pieces these few days haha.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
I'm interested. But, forum members around Klang Valley? Then, I'm excluded. I'm in Terengganu. :rofl:

Another (non-Malaysian) Fastlaner is discussing details on coming here as well, but his time frame is around August or September, which could be quite far off. We'll have to see on his part.
Fortunately my time frame's the same. Would be nice since September is my third year FTE anniversary. Didn't see his thread, btw. If I'm not mistaken isn't he planning for networking among Singaporeans?

Okay.

It's a networking and it should be entrepreneurial at the first place. We know time is more valuable than money. If it's just a chit chat WhatsApp Group should be fine, or maybe Skype sessions. Honestly, I really really wanted to meet any forum members in person.

Surely, you guys know how it feels to live among 'Slowlane Creatures'?

So, why not come and visit Terengganu? I have a place for your all to stay for free. Provided you have to come to church service. I'm not proselytizing. But, I depended everything on charity for my Fastlane journey. If some old friends came to visit and need place to stay overnight, I told them to do the same.

Here's something that worth for your visit to Terengganu:

• Look for an oportunity in scrap metals industry. I used to work for a church member who owns a scrap metal business during my pre-Fastlane journey. Let's go there and peek during the daylight and that would be the topic during nightime at a local Malay restaurant of which I saw a lot of 'N' in CENTS.
  • Seek validation or find a niche among East Malaysians students. That's a demography statistics. On weekends, the students majoring from 3 educational colleges/institutions will stay overnight for church services in my place. I can help you all to organise a short market survey or maybe an informal market engagement. That's only the piece of the pie. Let's pay a visit to their respective educational institutes for local exposure - Malay based market demography. No selling please!
  • Non business setting. Maybe take some time off and visit a Spastic House. Who knows we could be more grateful in life.

Ops! There'll be no Starbucks in Terengganu.

So, how? I think this is better than Starbucks fireside chat. LOL!

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Another thing. The wife of the scrap metal business owner is running a herbal-based medicine type of thing. She was born with Fastlane DNA but still struggling to scale her business. We can ask her a lot of market analysis. That's point No. 4.

NAVEN23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 3, 2019
When? Where? Which Starbucks?

But I'm open! My current progress's falling to pieces these few days haha.

How bout this weekend on 8th ?
Venue: Starbucks coffee, CIMB Bank Cyberjaya, 5C, Jalan Teknokrat 5, Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor

Perhaps, we can discuss about the CENTS framework adapted in Malaysia/SEA Market. I have some cool internet tricks regarding copy and article writing , which I can openly share. After all, it would be wonderful just to meet a person with a Fastlane mindset.

NAVEN23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 3, 2019
I'm interested. But, forum members around Klang Valley? Then, I'm excluded. I'm in Terengganu. :rofl:

Fortunately my time frame's the same. Would be nice since September is my third year FTE anniversary. Didn't see his thread, btw. If I'm not mistaken isn't he planning for networking among Singaporeans?

Okay.

It's a networking and it should be entrepreneurial at the first place. We know time is more valuable than money. If it's just a chit chat WhatsApp Group should be fine, or maybe Skype sessions. Honestly, I really really wanted to meet any forum members in person.

Surely, you guys know how it feels to live among 'Slowlane Creatures'?

So, why not come and visit Terengganu? I have a place for your all to stay for free. Provided you have to come to church service. I'm not proselytizing. But, I depended everything on charity for my Fastlane journey. If some old friends came to visit and need place to stay overnight, I told them to do the same.

Here's something that worth for your visit to Terengganu:

• Look for an oportunity in scrap metals industry. I used to work for a church member who owns a scrap metal business during my pre-Fastlane journey. Let's go there and peek during the daylight and that would be the topic during nightime at a local Malay restaurant of which I saw a lot of 'N' in CENTS.
  • Seek validation or find a niche among East Malaysians students. That's a demography statistics. On weekends, the students majoring from 3 educational colleges/institutions will stay overnight for church services in my place. I can help you all to organise a short market survey or maybe an informal market engagement. That's only the piece of the pie. Let's pay a visit to their respective educational institutes for local exposure - Malay based market demography. No selling please!
  • Non business setting. Maybe take some time off and visit a Spastic House. Who knows we could be more grateful in life.

Ops! There'll be no Starbucks in Terengganu.

So, how? I think this is better than Starbucks fireside chat. LOL!

Terrenganu is like 3/4 hours from my place. So, I suggest we do a simple networking session remotely as you suggested. Once, the time comes, we can meetup in Terrenganu, but not for now.
Sure, @ClaverCasley. We can open a whatsapp group to to have a prompt communication medium among us.

<rant> Anyways, I'm mostly in useless whatsapp group full of slowlaners and sidewalkers sharing memes and football news. </rant>

I would definitely appreciate your guys' vibe.

"Show me your friends, I'll show your future"

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Great.

Venue: Starbucks coffee, CIMB Bank Cyberjaya, 5C, Jalan Teknokrat 5, Cyberjaya, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor
Wanted to go badly. Time-constrain. Can I join remotely? Perhaps Skype?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Great.

Wanted to go badly. Time-constrain. Can I join remotely? Perhaps Skype?
@NAVEN23, do PM both of us, and we can share contact details for a whatsapp group.

I'll see if @Pilot35 is still up and about...been more than half a month since I saw him around.

And yes, whatsapp groups spewing SCRIPT stuff certainly is the bane of existence.

8th? Oh dear!
Sorry, I'm booked for that weekend. More Upwork and other stuff. How about 15th?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Woah! You're too kind! I was thinking you'd recommend a few homestay places.

That's something we can look into later, when we've more properly got to know each other.

Thanks for the offer though!

Depended everything on charity for the Fastlane journey? What does that mean?

NAVEN23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 3, 2019
@NAVEN23, do PM both of us, and we can share contact details for a whatsapp group.

I'll see if @Pilot35 is still up and about...been more than half a month since I saw him around.

And yes, whatsapp groups spewing SCRIPT stuff certainly is the bane of existence.

8th? Oh dear!
Sorry, I'm booked for that weekend. More Upwork and other stuff. How about 15th?
I have messaged you guys. Do feel free to reply.

15th of June should be fine with me.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Woah! You're too kind! I was thinking you'd recommend a few homestay places.

That's something we can look into later, when we've more properly got to know each other.

Thanks for the offer though!

Depended everything on charity for the Fastlane journey? What does that mean?
This is my 6th year in the east coast. One of the most undeveloped state in our country. It's a beautiful place for retirement. Not so hectic. Turns out the cost of living is quite affordable here. That's why the generous offer. :rofl:

Well, the church provides free Internet, lodging and meals. I volunteered for the church mission in Terengganu. Worked most during weekends with social service. That builds 'selflessness' and I'll try to transfer it to business. The rest of the week spent on designing and learning web design, btw.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.