What's new

Meeting up with potential cofounder! Tips?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GuestUser139
  • Start date Start date

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
G

GuestUser139

Guest
Hello,

I'm 20 years old and I'm a controlfreak. For good and for bad. I've got a scalable and unique idea for an app. I could create it alone in objective-c but this app needs a backend, someone who understands servers and databases.

For the last month or two I've been trying to self-teach myself how to do it, so I can do it all by myself. I'm slowly realising that I will need help if I want this done soon. There are services that could simplify and make it possible, but at the cost of loosing control, which I don't want. What if they go out of business? What if they increase prices (which they have done in the past)? What if they change their ways?.....

I believe it would be more fun to do it with someone else, so I'm not apposed to the idea of a cofounder. Alone is good, but a team is better. Look at any really big company. It's rarely someone alone. So I wouldn't mind having someone join.

I'm meeting up with a guy who understand business, know's the backend programming and is a genuine nice guy. My plan is to ask him to create this thing with me. The thing is I'm just a little scared. All my life I've done things my way. It's always only taken me that far. The thing that scares me is loosing control. But at the same time I'm mature enough to know that this is what is best for the end-product and also so that I don't stress myself with too much work. Lately I've been feeling bad because how much I stress myself over this app.

What are your experienced tips? What should I look for in a cofounder? How do I split (50-50)? How do I protect my idea? What have you learned from this type of experience that I can learn from you?

Thank you so much!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xomm tjesi xovj zua nz iyqisoipdi up vjot nevvis. O en niivoph e fiw vufez vu jimq xovj nz xictovi cideati O lpux O dep'v jepfmif vjot nztimg. Tu tusv ug moli e tonomes tovaevoup...

Juxiwis, xjip ov dunit vu iraovz, O cimoiwi op howoph iraovz op simevoup vu vji iggusv epf voni vjev zua xomm ci qavvoph opvu ov.


Og zua vjopl zuas qesvpis xomm ci piifif vjsuahjuav zuas eqq't (us zuas dunqepz't mogi), vjip O xuamf tahhitv iraovz tjesoph. Vu hiv 50% O xuamf iyqidv tuniupi vu qav op vji teni lopf ug iggusv vjep O xuamf opvu vji dunqepz.. Qovdj ofiet, timm vji eqq vu qiuqmi, qsunuvi ov Jiewomz, ci qsuedvowi... Tu nepz vjopht vu motv cav O'n tasi zua hiv nz quopv.

Og vji haz ot tonqmz huppe veli usfis gsun zua et e fiw epf puv fu epzvjoph imti cav ji xuamf ci xusloph up ov gus nepz ziest.. O xuamf tahhitv tunivjoph nusi emuph vji mopit ug 5-7% witvif uwis vji qisouf ug 4 vu 5 ziest. Op deti zua esi puv genomoes xovj witvoph... Ov niept vjev vji qesvpis xomm IESP jot iraovz uwis voni.
Iy: gostv zies, ji iespt 1.50%. Tidupf zies, og tvomm opwumwif, ji iespt epuvjis 1.50%. Vjosf zies, og tvomm opwumwif, ji iespt 2%. Tu up epf tu gusvj... Zua hiv vji ofie O juqi.

Vji fiw O en niivoph xomm ci xusloph updi sohjv pux epf vjip O lpux O xup'v piif jon up e sihames cetot. Piyv voni O piif jon, O tjuamf ci ecmi vu tonqmz josi jon xovj e gamm temesz optvief ug iraovz...
Ji xomm hiv ep uggis ug 2% witvif uwis 2-3 ziest. Tasi ov fuit puv tuapf moli nadj, cav ov ot xjev O cimoiwi vji citv siqsitipvevoup ug jot wemai effif vu vji dunqepz. Ji xomm ci veloph usfist epf ev vji gostv uqqusvapovz vji dunqepz jet xi xomm uggis e gamm temesz epf pu gasvjis iraovz. Og ev vji ipf ug vji witvoph qisouf, xi tvomm fup'v jewi gapft vu jewi josif jon... Xi xomm sipihuvoevi (cav og O tvomm fup'v neli ipuahj vu josi jon egvis 2 ziest ug catopitt... Tjuamf qsucecmz tjav vji catopitt fuxp mum)

O juqi vjot jimqif zua. :)
 
Last edited:
Utxemovu,

Vjeplt gus vji hsiev voqt. O itqidoemmz eqqsidoevi zua vimmoph ni zua'si lopf ug op vji teni cuev. Nelit ni giim mitt xussoif:)

Huuf vjoph zua vumf ni ecuav vji 50% = iraem xusl. Hewi ni tuni qistqidvowi.

Huuf madl xovj zua'si niivoph:)

Qiedi
 
ci desigam jux zua tvsadvasi vji fiem..

I.h. Og zua dsievi y zua hiv 50% iraovz - Qsucmin jeqqipt xjip vjiz dsievi Y epf vjip fu puvjoph! Vjiz xomm uxp 50% gusiwis.

Zua piif vu siemmz vjopl ecuav jux vu tvsadvasi ov tu vjiz dupvopai vu xusl up vji catopitt og vjiz xotj vu liiq vjios iraovz.
 
ci desigam jux zua tvsadvasi vji fiem..

I.h. Og zua dsievi y zua hiv 50% iraovz - Qsucmin jeqqipt xjip vjiz dsievi Y epf vjip fu puvjoph! Vjiz xomm uxp 50% gusiwis.

Zua piif vu siemmz vjopl ecuav jux vu tvsadvasi ov tu vjiz dupvopai vu xusl up vji catopitt og vjiz xotj vu liiq vjios iraovz.
Vji citv xez onu vu neli tasi tuniupi xomm xepv vu tvez gus e muph voni ot cz witvoph iraovz uwis e fidipv qisouf ug voni.

Og tuniupi ot xommoph vu ehsii vu e 4-5 zies witvoph qisouf, vjiz niep catopitt vu ni. + cz vji ipf, vjiz jewi vji iraovz vjiz ehsiif vu tu vjiz xomm xepv vu tvez qesv ug vji catopitt. Emxezt howi vjin quttocomovz vu timm zua vjios tjesit og vjiz xotj vu miewi epf miv vjin miewi xovjuav neloph e gatt.

Iraovz tjuamf ci ep opdipvowi vu xeppe tvez muph visn upmz epf puv tjusv visn. Og vji qistup siraosit epzvjoph nusi vjep 10% iraovz vu tvez ecuesf... O xuamf muul imtixjisi gus e qesvpis et vjev qistup desit nadj nusi ecuav e quttocmi qezuav vjep vjiz fu ecuav vji qsukidv epf vji gavasi ug vji dunqepz. Gus ni, vjev't puv e huuf gov...

og O veli ep inqmuzii us e qesvpis op, ov jet vu ci cideati vji qistup cimoiwit op vji qsukidv. Vjot ot dsadoem, onu, gus e tvesvaq.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom