The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Medical Tourism - Who's Done It?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Medical tourism is travelling to another country to under-go a major medical procedure, in order to take advantage of low overseas medical costs.

The savings on the cost of the procedure, vs. getting it done in the U.S., can be enough to pay for a nice trip, if you're so inclined. I can't speak from personal experience, but supposedly there is virtually no difference in the quality of care either, depending on where you go.

I started thinking about this today, as my wife needs some major dental work, and we'll be staying in Sweden this summer. I was thinking maybe a country in Eastern Europe would have really affordable procedures, and we could hop over and make a 2-3 day trip out of it. @GlobalWealth any ideas?

Any one here done "medical tourism" before? Any good resources for learning more?

@healthstatus

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
There's a chapter about it in the 4-hour body. Quick google search pulled up this: The 4-Hour Shop
Might be worth the few bucks.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Medical tourism is travelling to another country to under-go a major medical procedure, in order to take advantage of low overseas medical costs.

The savings on the cost of the procedure, vs. getting it done in the U.S., can be enough to pay for a nice trip, if you're so inclined. I can't speak from personal experience, but supposedly there is virtually no difference in the quality of care either, depending on where you go.

I started thinking about this today, as my wife needs some major dental work, and we'll be staying in Sweden this summer. I was thinking maybe a country in Eastern Europe would have really affordable procedures, and we could hop over and make a 2-3 day trip out of it. @GlobalWealth any ideas?

Any one here done "medical tourism" before? Any good resources for learning more?

@healthstatus
Since you will be in Sweden, Latvia and Lithuania both have excellent medical procedures at very low cost. I could recommend at least one doctor.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Since you will be in Sweden, Latvia and Lithuania both have excellent medical procedures at very low cost. I could recommend at least one doctor.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Any dentists?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I personally had dental and orthodontic work done in Bangkok - if you're looking to go to Asia Bangkok medical care is cheap and fantastic

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I know a number of people who had major dental work done in Tijuana and Costa Rica - safe amalgam removal & replacement, crowns, implants. Very cheap and they were very happy with it.

The people I know use Dr. Lagos (highly recommended) at the Center for Biological Dentisty in Tijuana. Odontomedik in Tijuana also gets some votes. In Costa Rica they use Costa Rican Biodental in Escazu.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.