The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MD, PhD to unscripted.

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
Hello fellow fastlane enthusiast.

I come from a family of entrepreneurs, but somehow as a consequence of my passion for human body science ended in medicine as a physician working on my PhD.
Currently late twenties working on my residency as a family medicine practitioner. I make decent amount of money (2x - 3x avg salary) but work long hours and dont feel free.

I am a big reader. Read over 500 books over last 8 years and thought I was productive until I asked a friend, an actual fastlaner which book would he recommend?

The answer?

Shockingly not anything from MJ DeMarco...

Jokes aside he said: "Currently I am not much into "consumer mode", but more into "creator mode". 2 months later he was making 5 figures monthly on his eCommerce.

Made me think a lot. Made me change perspective from consumer to creator.

I am planing on finishing my residency and PhD in the next 3 years WHILE developing my private practice AND earning a solid salary with my side project.

Long term goal I wanna work in medicine, BUT on my terms and only as much as I want to. Not necessarily earn my living in medicine.

I have also started writing a book. Which will accompany me on my journey towards financial FREEDOM and will ONLY be published when I achieve it (10 years is a goal).

Glad to be here. Looking forward to meeting other Docs who made the transition and everyone else!

Cheers from Europe!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Welcome! There are a few doctors/medical folks floating around this forum, so you're not alone.
Congrats on accepting a shift in thinking pattern!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Welcome! There are a few doctors/medical folks floating around this forum, so you're not alone.
Congrats on accepting a shift in thinking pattern!

gheGMdA.gif

Dirtymaco

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 7, 2021
I wanna include more info into my INTRO.

I still have 3 and a half year of residency in front of me which is pretty strict and unbendable in terms of time and structure, BUT i actually have quite a lot of time to think, learn and produce.

Right now the plan is to develop an aesthetic practice on the side (already pulled the trigger on first batch of products, did my courses and got few clients).

The situation with aesthetic practices is pretty bad. Few old plastic surgeons doing "one size fit all" treatments of non-invasive aesthetics as a "side dish" to their surgical practice. I want am going to bring the new breeze of non-invasive aesthetic that people are more and more inclined to.

This practice is unscalable tho until I complete my residency due to rigid regulations on medical licence.

Do I in the meantime:
- focus on perfecting my aesthetic skills, learning and planning for the future when I could scale my practice OR
- try and start additional "project" (some that has direct link to my passion on aesthetics and/or one that isnt neccessarely in the realm of medicine)

I am basicly scared is it ok to chase two chickens in the backyard at the same time.

Guess I will go out and fail and find out what I really want!

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...