The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO "Max Debt, Max Leverage!"

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ezfreedom

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 2, 2016
Minneapolis, MN
Duh, that was the mantra in the throughout the Real Estate boom of the late 90's thru Mid 00's. I remember hearing it clearly over and over during a seminar put on by a local real estate super star investor-developer in the Twin Cities. That and "Real Estate has never dropped more than 5% for two years in a row since the 1900's, bla bla bla. Sad thing is I bought into it hook, line and sinker watching my "paper" net worth grow from low six figures to mid seven figures in a matter of 7 years. Whoops. Then the inevitable. The real estate boom turned into a BOOM and CRASH and as the prices fell, so did my entire net worth and then some. D'oh. I've remained the the same business but have spent the last decade digging out only to just this year surpassing the ZERO line on the Net Worth scale. Looking forward to continuing to learn & redefine my definition of success and start focusing on the process not the destination.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome aboard my friend. Sorry to hear about the big RE problems, really burned a lot of people around here as well.

fastbo

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
A lever operates in 2 directions. Leverage multiplies both your wins and losses. Lack of liquidity is a big problem in real estate because if you run out of cash, game over. Doesn't matter what your net worth is. The people who were able to make it through the best were able to convert their flips to rentals and cover the payments. J Scott did that on one of his houses he bought in 2008.
The ones who got hit hardest were the ones buying 6 homes for appreciation only or buying really expensive homes.

Debt for expansion can be good, but make sure you weigh your risks, and don't get over leveraged, and liquidity (in the form of regular income) is the most important thing because when liquidity runs out, game over.

I also get the feeling that flipping is becoming too popular again... it's once again at an all time high.

Welcome aboard my friend. Sorry to hear about the big RE problems, really burned a lot of people around here as well.

Under-Dog

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 16, 2015
So.Cal
I also get the feeling that flipping is becoming too popular again... it's once again at an all time high.

I must agree with you on this one..... flipping is so popular being pushed by all of these RE "gurus". Home prices here in SO.Cal are getting crazy high again, like right before the crash prices.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Yeah, your youtube channel is incredible and all the videos I have seen so far are really great...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom