The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing ideas for e-commerce

Idea threads

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
I have been looking around for a thread about ideas on how to market an e-commerce website. If a thread already exists, please point me in that direction. There seems to be a very important difference between e-commerce (you have physical products) and let's say a blog (makes Adsense money).

What is more specific to e-commerce?

So far, from other posts:
- SEO
- Keywords
- Press Releases (paid service is best?)
- Submit articles (ezine, article city, goarticles, more?)
- Join networks and leave your URL signature
- Craigs List

What works best for social sites (probably not for e-commerce):
- DIGG, Stumble, etc (social networks).
- AdSense money.
- Ads.
- Plus all the above.

Any more ideas specific to e-commerce?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
the bottom line to any marketing both online and off is to get your name, brand, biz in front of your target market. And to do it in a memorable way at a cost that brings in the best ROI!

you are right it all depends on what type of site you have and who you are marketing to.

there are a ton of ways to do things online. you can market through PPC ads, post at relevant forums, create social profiles and promote, join groups, link exchanges, articles, submit to directories, pay for ads on relevant sites, do joint ventures, create viral products to give away, start an affiliate program, SEO - yes, but that just comes down to creating quality content with keywords that folks are searching for and putting them on your site at specific spots, building a user friendly site that delivers something unique for your readers, and so much more.

The thing about marketing is that it is all about creativity, filling voids, needs, etc. and doing things in a way that people remember. From your domain name, to your content, to your logo, to your photos all play an important part in your marketing.

Your business model will depend on what you are delivering. For instance we have a site that offers tips and content and we sell ads and affiliate products.

we have another new site that will sell ads, products, info products, etc...

it is all about what your customers want

Joe

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Landing Pages for each individual product you carry -- have each page optimized for that product. That will show up on organic SERPs. Also, MarketingSherpa.com has the Landing Page Guidebook ... I recommend buying that. (ITS EXPENSIVE but worth it.)

~ MJ

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If you have an ecommerce store you will need a blog to go along with it. Blogs have great SEO and SERP benefits.

CactusWren

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Jan 5, 2008
Arizona
Great stuff!
I just found this document about SEO (it's for beginners and about 2 years old). I found it very useful. Heard on another forum that it's being revised.
http://www.seomoz.org/article/beginners-guide-to-search-engine-optimization

Also, about Landing pages, I am not ready to spend the $497 on Marketing Sherpa's 2008 book, but I went over the executive summary and that will have me busy for days: It's here:

http://www.marketingsherpa.com/exs/LPHExcerpt_9418.pdf

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.