div
New Contributor
- Joined
- Aug 5, 2015
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$60
$60
User Power: 60%
That I discovered this forum at all is bizarre. From a travel forum to a bodybuilding blog to a copywriting blog via a comment in a post about writing books. But I read TML yesterday and I agree with almost all that is written there. The calculations in the fastlane chapter looked like something out of an email I wrote last year.
I am making a B2C product.
Initial conditions:
- 3D model is done and I have had it successfully printed several times.
- Electronics work fine.
- Software only supports a small subset of devices.
- Did market testing on craigslist. Eight responses in four hours, which is underwhelming. Variation: I asked the people to tell me why they want it. One guy said instead of giving them away for free I should make a bunch and start a business
I am implementing a sort of "auto" functionality in the software and I am spending a bit of time on it. It is hard but this is the feature I envisioned when designing the device. My talks with owners of companies who would use this for their business say they do not want or need the "auto" functionality. But I have only asked three different such owners.
I am not sure how to determine pricing. There is one competitor who produces a much more sophisticated version for 30k. It costs me about $80 to build one (less my own labor, R&D, fixed costs, etc.). The plan is to build half a dozen and try to sell them at $350 and up. That number is chosen because after selling six I would be in the green. I should have the needed parts by the end of the week.
I am making a B2C product.
Initial conditions:
- 3D model is done and I have had it successfully printed several times.
- Electronics work fine.
- Software only supports a small subset of devices.
- Did market testing on craigslist. Eight responses in four hours, which is underwhelming. Variation: I asked the people to tell me why they want it. One guy said instead of giving them away for free I should make a bunch and start a business

I am implementing a sort of "auto" functionality in the software and I am spending a bit of time on it. It is hard but this is the feature I envisioned when designing the device. My talks with owners of companies who would use this for their business say they do not want or need the "auto" functionality. But I have only asked three different such owners.
I am not sure how to determine pricing. There is one competitor who produces a much more sophisticated version for 30k. It costs me about $80 to build one (less my own labor, R&D, fixed costs, etc.). The plan is to build half a dozen and try to sell them at $350 and up. That number is chosen because after selling six I would be in the green. I should have the needed parts by the end of the week.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

