The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mark it down - March 2, 2019 - Book Beginning

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
What can I say?

I love MJ and I love BOTH of his books. Not only have I read them, I have re-read them and figured "heck, I have a voice - why not use it?"

I have no idea what kind of journey I'm about to embark on but I do know this - books sell. Millions of books. Continuously. 24/7.

I wrote a book called "QB Bible" a while ago and plopped it down on Amazon. I get $100 a month from that and a couple QB spin offs from that book. Not a big deal - but cool nonetheless.

I've thought about the "Key Take Aways" from The Millionaire Fastlane :

Key takeaway #1). Change your thinking towards how you view amassing wealth.
  • MJ crushes this thought throughout the book
Key takeaway #2): Understand the difference between "get rich quick" and "get rich easy."
  • Again, back to the mindset and the education. There's no such thing as get rich easy.
Key takeaway #3). Principles of N-E-C-S-T. (Need, Entry, Control, Scale, Time)
  • NEED - Find something that people need and find a way to get it to them.
  • ENTRY means building a company in an industry that has a barrier to enter.
  • CONTROL means having 100% command over every decision in your company.
  • SCALE means having the ability to grow your company with minimal human intervention.
  • TIME means that the business cannot be dependent upon your time.
The foundation of Millionaire Fastlane is education. That education fills a NEED. Hopefully I can write a book that does the same. (Now I just need to determine what the need is. LOL)

Anyway, I'm going on record that I'm going to have this book completed by May 16, 2019.

Typing this post is a way for me to force myself to focus. After all, if I don't follow through - I'll get blasted by a bunch of strangers that don't give a flying crap one way or another anyway!

Nonetheless, I'm excited and I will get it done.

THE END.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Get an affiliate deal for brands on youtube and instagram to sell your book in exchange for a cut. Spend all of your time securing and negotiating these deals. Anyone who buys your book is on instagram and youtube. Best bet is pages for football highlight clips. Start at the top and DM every single page and negotiate deals. Or start your own. It's free.

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
Get an affiliate deal for brands on youtube and instagram to sell your book in exchange for a cut. Spend all of your time securing and negotiating these deals. Anyone who buys your book is on instagram and youtube. Best bet is pages for football highlight clips. Start at the top and DM every single page and negotiate deals. Or start your own. It's free.

Great idea. I've never thought about the marketing aspect. Is there a particular channel and/or promoter you'd suggest?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I would suggest to stop thinking in terms of “I sell books” and think in terms of “I make things for an audience”. Your audience is football players and you want to monetize that audience.

Business is two parts

1. Acquisition
2. Obligation

First you get their attention, and then you sell something.

Here’s your current business model.

Acquisition: you get people to notice you when they look for a book on amazon and see yours but it has to compete with other books.
Obligation: the book is already made, selling it is done and it’s “delivered” instantly to them.

Your acquisition strategy is simple, one dimensional, competitive and lacks control.

Your fulfillment of obligation is simple, one dimensional, has a low barrier to entry, and provides small value but it’s decent because it’s at least specific and useful instead of a fiction novel about your feelings.

Where do football players spend their time online? I’d say Instagram and YouTube which is why I mentioned those channels.

You don’t have to offer just books for them. Is there a higher profit solution you can offer them? Maybe you can get someone with recognition or some sort of fame to create a course online about something football related. Start expanding your thinking beyond books. If you still only want to sell your books, that’s okay too.

Now you need to get the attention of football players.

The best long term strategy is to be a boss at making your own content. If you can make your own social media channels and have great football content on it, you’ll get their attention. Maybe your own version of ESPN and put it on YouTube. Maybe Instagram posts of football highlights. Make things that work well at getting attention from football players. Maybe your ESPN type YouTube show but you pay models to do the show in bikinis.

Getting the attention of your target audience is all that matters, because the book is the simplest way to monetize an audience next to ads from someone else. Which means getting enough attention to succeed can be kinda hard.

If you want to take a bit of a shortcut and start doing the affiliate program with other brands, start watching YouTube videos on how to set it up for other people to get paid when your book sells using their link.

Next, go to Instagram and type in football terms and see what catches your eye. Start DM-ing dozens of accounts every single day trying to work a deal. Anyone is in play. 1k accounts, 10 mil accounts. Just don’t expect the whales to bite much if at all. (make sure you have SOME content on your own page first about your brand and book)

Also, you need a brand. You are a media company now. You are a football player company. If you took this serious enough the end result is you become THE social media content creator for all things football and have multiple ways to monetize your audience including merchandise and much more. Look up how companies like Barstool sports grew and think about what they really do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chuckypita

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 16, 2017
Salt Lake City
I would suggest to stop thinking in terms of “I sell books” and think in terms of “I make things for an audience”. Your audience is football players and you want to monetize that audience.

Business is two parts

1. Acquisition
2. Obligation

First you get their attention, and then you sell something.

Here’s your current business model.

Acquisition: you get people to notice you when they look for a book on amazon and see yours but it has to compete with other books.
Obligation: the book is already made, selling it is done and it’s “delivered” instantly to them.

Your acquisition strategy is simple, one dimensional, competitive and lacks control.

Your fulfillment of obligation is simple, one dimensional, has a low barrier to entry, and provides small value but it’s decent because it’s at least specific and useful instead of a fiction novel about your feelings.

Where do football players spend their time online? I’d say Instagram and YouTube which is why I mentioned those channels.

You don’t have to offer just books for them. Is there a higher profit solution you can offer them? Maybe you can get someone with recognition or some sort of fame to create a course online about something football related. Start expanding your thinking beyond books. If you still only want to sell your books, that’s okay too.

Now you need to get the attention of football players.

The best long term strategy is to be a boss at making your own content. If you can make your own social media channels and have great football content on it, you’ll get their attention. Maybe your own version of ESPN and put it on YouTube. Maybe Instagram posts of football highlights. Make things that work well at getting attention from football players. Maybe your ESPN type YouTube show but you pay models to do the show in bikinis.

Getting the attention of your target audience is all that matters, because the book is the simplest way to monetize an audience next to ads from someone else. Which means getting enough attention to succeed can be kinda hard.

If you want to take a bit of a shortcut and start doing the affiliate program with other brands, start watching YouTube videos on how to set it up for other people to get paid when your book sells using their link.

Next, go to Instagram and type in football terms and see what catches your eye. Start DM-ing dozens of accounts every single day trying to work a deal. Anyone is in play. 1k accounts, 10 mil accounts. Just don’t expect the whales to bite much if at all. (make sure you have SOME content on your own page first about your brand and book)

Also, you need a brand. You are a media company now. You are a football player company. If you took this serious enough the end result is you become THE social media content creator for all things football and have multiple ways to monetize your audience including merchandise and much more. Look up how companies like Barstool sports grew and think about what they really do.

Holy. Crap.

You are LIGHT YEARS ahead of me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!