The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Manga/Anime

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Are you F*cking serious?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
tumblr_lu6fj8GQBi1qdv1zg.gif

ari-gold-gtfo-o.gif

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Not since I was, like, 12. But one of my favorite bands, Galneryus, did some of the music for Hunter x Hunter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Well, on topic: the first website I created was a dragonball fansite (quickly moved to other topics though). I think I was 9 or 10, so somewhere between 1998-2000. This was in the dial-up connection times, no flatrate for me, so I always checked out computer magazines in the store or the newspaper to find the cheapest dial up providers. Despite trying to keep the costs down my mom still gave me a hard time about it. Good memories.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Well, on topic: the first website I created was a dragonball fansite (quickly moved to other topics though). I think I was 9 or 10, so somewhere between 1998-2000. This was in the dial-up connection times, no flatrate for me, so I always checked out computer magazines in the store or the newspaper to find the cheapest dial up providers. Despite trying to keep the costs down my mom still gave me a hard time about it. Good memories.

I used to run anime fansites when I was that age, too. Yeah, fond memories. We had cable (which I remember as being blazing fast) until we moved and had to use crappy ol' dial up.

Never figured out how to monetize it but I never paid for anything. I used free hosting. Heh.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Never figured out how to monetize it but I never paid for anything. I used free hosting. Heh.

Haha, yeah me too, lycos tripod was one of the hosts I used as far as I remember. Also used those third-level domains (.de.vu). Man, was I proud when I finally got a real toplevel domain (I think through some free deal with ads or something).

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Kids simply cannot and will not pay for things. That is the issue.

I disagree.. their mom's buy them tissues and lotion. LOL, Now to partner with Kleenex

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I watched Ruroni Kenshin. That show was genius.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Kenshin was amazing. I never got to watch or read the entire thing.

Guess I'll put that on my bucket list.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Deathnote is my favorite. Probably the best anime I've ever seen. Very smart, intense, cool premise, wonderfully animated, written, and acted (both japanese and american versions)

I've gotten through quite a bit of naruto (up to the part where sasuke turned evil and theyre looking for him. Some anime is very cheap and 90% of the show is a recap of the previous episode (to save on animation costs) and that's what made me stop watching. I havent seen the new series when they're older, but the arc with the exams was very cool. Shikamaru's probably my favorite character (seemed the most "4-hour-workweek of all the ninja)

I'm almost finished with Fullmetal alchemist but usually I find the idea of working more fun than watching something so I havent really gotten any further in the past 6 months.

Air Gear was great. In general I like plots which involve some sort of (rise to greatness) thing... however the series finale was halfassed. I could tell they were trying to set the stage for a feature length movie that never came.

All the miyazaki movies (spirited away, castle in the sky, howls moving castle, ponyo) are beautiful and I love them.

Mushishi is another one I currently enjoy. It's much more cerebral than the others and is very welcome.

I've also seen all of fruits basket (which I hated... much more geared towards females)

Manga and anime traffic is the same as videogame traffic, parner with a CPA incent based program (complete 10 offers and get a free ______) and you can make decent cash. That's how I monetize my minecraft site.

My high school friends try to get me into reading manga but when I read fiction I already have a backlog of books.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
This thread was for market research. And it's in the off-topic section.

I thought you're going to start shooting bad guys now?

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
I enjoy anime and even some of the crazier ones. Lupin the third, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, fullmetal alchemist, Gurren Lagann, ghost in the shell, etc are pretty standard fare that I like. Weirder stuff I like would be Excel saga, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Haiyore Nyaruko-san, The World God Only Knows, etc. Oh yeah, can't forget My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic...lol

sambreaker20

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Apr 4, 2011
Deathnote is my favorite. Probably the best anime I've ever seen. Very smart, intense, cool premise, wonderfully animated, written, and acted (both japanese and american versions)

I've gotten through quite a bit of naruto (up to the part where sasuke turned evil and theyre looking for him. Some anime is very cheap and 90% of the show is a recap of the previous episode (to save on animation costs) and that's what made me stop watching. I havent seen the new series when they're older, but the arc with the exams was very cool. Shikamaru's probably my favorite character (seemed the most "4-hour-workweek of all the ninja)

Death note was awesome until ep 9 then after that wasn't really feeling it anymore. but for naruto, you're not even to the good parts yet. keep watching it gets better, obviously the manga 5x better.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
I have a buddy who really likes ghost in the shell. He showed me a few episodes and it seemed really cool. The laughing guy seemed like a great character. But I never got around to checking out more of it. I just added it to my big "random cool crap to do some day" list.

I hosted banjo-kazooie fansites when I was little. :p lycos tripod here as well. Honestly back then I don't think I even got that people monetized sites. I just thought they were all fansites.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Oh man I use to watch Bleach and Naruto when I was a lot younger. But soon I realized I wasted 20 minutes * 200 episodes of my life which could have been wasted on Counter Strike: Source :rolleyes:.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
I don't even have cable TV, to me it's just a waste of time. You get suckered into watching things "just because" and before you know it, you've been watching 3 hours of cartoons.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Huge fan and I'm not afraid to admit it at my age.

Just finished watching Jormungand Perfect Order, and I cannot wait to see what the next season will bring.

Black Lagoon, Baccano, and FMA are a couple of my favorites.

One Peace is good, Bleach I stopped following but still catch the manga every week.
etc, I watch a lot.

I'm an in the closet arms dealer wannabee so I like anything related to running guns in 3rd world hell holes.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

Yep that entire series until the movies at the end was brilliant. It spanned Kenshin's entire life and the very interesting period in history he lived in.

Can't wait to see the live action version.

[video=youtube;1MzOVBUAj6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MzOVBUAj6g[/video]
Sky Crawlers is amazing, as well.

Oh and since this is an economics forum, Spice & Wolf.

jacob

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Nov 21, 2011
I just finished watching Eyeshield 21 and Bleach. I also like Naruto Shippuden but I'm far behind on watching it and I don't know where to start again. I'm now waiting every weekend to watch new episodes of One Piece.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.