The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making of a New Better Portable Cash counter

RedBaron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Hey guys.

There are plenty of quality currency counters on in the world. The other day i was thinking how great it would be to have a portable easy to carry money counter. I cam across this product right here. Now the issue is this, yes I could go and get these from china for cheap and sell them, but it seems all the reviews on them have been pretty bad. Mainly due to mis counts.

So my question is this.

How do I go about finding someone to create a better version of this product?. An actual quality one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• 618tO5sx+hL._SL1001_.jpg
    618tO5sx+hL._SL1001_.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 23

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
First thing i would ask myself about 100% reliable money counter is - if its possible at all.

Maybe try to find what banks use since, i guess, they have to be more reliable then some product on amazon.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I only use cash.... never 'owned' a credit card and the lil woman carries the debt card. Some of my customers pay cash and with that said..... I'd never use something like this. With cash being used by far fewer and fewer people, how many people do you think would buy something like this? Would it actually be worth it to design something better?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Put a little more effort into your question. Be specific. List what you have done and researched. Buying or building? Ask better questions.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Are you sure there’s a market worth pursuing for this?

Cash counting for registers use redundancy, they count the till with at least 2 people. Aside from drug cartels, where is the market for a money counting machine, with the majority of the world’s currency becoming more digital by the day?

RedBaron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Well for 1 the cannabis industry is all cash, and Im not even talking about the legal market. The black market which is bigger than it ever has been, and precious metal dealers do alot of cash as well.

Having a reliable hand held counter is a need. Now I am not saying that a million of these will sell, but there is a need for it.

So many people use currency counters. There are plenty of good ones out there, but there isnt a good hand-held device. The ones they sell currently always mis count bills.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Well, you could always put an ad on Facebook and target pot smokers/dealers. That seems easier than going from town to town looking up every pot smoker/dealer in town although it may not be near as fun if you are a pot smoker (Nothing wrong with that by the way. Never did it but I think it is better than alcohol).

All the local dirt tracks deal with LOTS of cash every week also.... never seen any use any type of counter though.

And people at flea markets.... but again, never seen a cash counter. I'm sure someone does or atleast they bought it (that's all you're really wanting, who cares if they use it), tried it a few times and went back to counting by hand.

Now if you could make a cheap, personal coin counter that also rolls them..... you would be on to something. I never spend a coin, I always save them. Dump the coins in.... it counts them, sends them to the correct slot, rolls them and all you have to do is take them to the bank with no hassle of the coin turning sideways or jamming up and it needs to automatically push the full roll out and insert a new empty paper roll. Like the bill counter, there are many coin counters out there, just none that work worth a dang unless you buy one like our credit union has.

If you give up on this idea how about this..... no one has come out with toilet wipes yet (that I've seen). Specifically made for when you use a public toilet you can wipe the seat with it. Put germicidal on the wipe, make small packages for pocket, purse or make something for commercial use already in public restrooms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.