The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Making at Least 1000 Dollars Per Month

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
At least you'll have something to fall back on
No.

#1) Horrible attitude
#2) Most of my college friends work at stop and shop as baggers. One guy was lucky enough to make it into the deli department. They've had their degree for 2 years. They haven't done anything with it. Because getting a degree is nothing to 'fall back on'.

Ideas to make 1k/day
If you want to make 1K/month, you need to make $33/day.
  • How's your writing? Write $15 worth of textbroker articles and $15 worth of fiverr gigs a day and you're practically there.
  • I suggest finding some freelance work. What are you good at? Video? Audio? Taxes? Accounting? Drawing? Design? Coding? find what you're good at and use elance, guru, odesk, and craigslist to get good at it.
  • 'Fall back' on something local. Move furniture, mow lawns, buy stuff from the dollar store and resell on ebay. Whatever you can do to get the quick cash. What I do is spend the first week in a month making enough $ for rent, bills, food... and spend the rest of the month working on the business.

Learn marketing. It'll be the best thing you've ever done. Right now my girlfriend and I are KILLING IT in the art scene by creating art specific to a very niche demographic. People are paying $100+ for an hour's worth of work. Learn marketing and then literally do ANYTHING.

If I were in your shoes right now.... and I had $212 on me and THAT'S IT....This is what I would do (and this is how I actually got started in college):

1. Buy a domain and a years worth of hosting up front (that way you don't have to worry about monthly bills.)
  2. Install a good looking wordpress theme
  3. Contact local 'talent'. Videographers, Photographers, Artists, Musicians, Voice Over Artists, Graphic Designers, Web designersetc.
  4. Tell them you do a lot of creative work, and are always looking to hire talent. Ask if you can show their work around to your colleges
  5. Make sure to get some accurate pricing for your own personal reference.
  6. Upload all the content to your website under an "our work" section. You will be hiring any work that comes in out to these people, so you're not misrepresenting yourself. The artist who did the example work WILL be the one producing the work for the client
  7. Put word out! Tell local businesses what you're capable of. You'll design their logos, their webpages, posters, menus, fliers, commercials, radio spots, whatever.
  8. Outsource the work to the artist. Make sure it's clear that you, as the producer, will be allowed to display this work on your company website as an example of work you produced. Give the talent 80% of the funds, keep 20% for yourself.
  9. Repeat

Depending on how you are on the phone, your confidence level, and your willingness to hustle, PM me and I can give you some tips on making some quick cash by being the 'middle-man' and reselling white-label services.

theblurr

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for finally giving me some good responses. I didn't check the thread for a while because the responses were pissing me off.

I'm still undecided but I know one thing: I am working my a$$ off to make more money so I can become free (rather than taking a job).

I'm going to be 100 percent more successful than the faggots hating on me in this thread. It's easy to stand up on your pedestal. I'm going to Thailand to party huh? Give me a break. And what 18 year old doesn't experiment with the party scene? What, you're great because you were studying all day in college and playing games. There is some value in the education at college. It's just too small to justify when it can be learned easily in real life. The only real value is the social life, and believe me I getting experience with as much girls as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
College will teach you how to be a wage slave and feeling trapped for the rest of your life.

You will get more of an education figuring out how to "make it" on your own in Thailand than you every would in college.

How to make $1000 a month? You are setting your sights way tooooo low.

If you're going to build a dream, put an elevator in it!

Read my book FLIP DEALS - to learn how to wholesale houses to make some fast cash. It is the closest thing you will ever find to owning a money machine.

Learn how to drive traffic to a web site. That will always be a skill that is in demand and pays good money, either working for someone else, as a freelancer, or driving traffic to your own affiliate web sites. Lots of good blogs and articles about this.. all free. Make sure you are reading current information. Advice from 3 or 4 years ago may not apply today. Things change fast online

Read JJ LUna's book, Skip College , Go in to Business for Yourself

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm going to be 100 percent more successful than the faggots hating on me in this thread.

I've heard enough. Adios. Take two weeks to grow up and good luck.

passion518

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Thanks for finally giving me some good responses. I didn't check the thread for a while because the responses were pissing me off.

I'm still undecided but I know one thing: I am working my a$$ off to make more money so I can become free (rather than taking a job).

I'm going to be 100 percent more successful than the faggots hating on me in this thread. It's easy to stand up on your pedestal. I'm going to Thailand to party huh? Give me a break. And what 18 year old doesn't experiment with the party scene? What, you're great because you were studying all day in college and playing games. There is some value in the education at college. It's just too small to justify when it can be learned easily in real life. The only real value is the social life, and believe me I getting experience with as much girls as possible.

If you can't stand the heat from a a couple guys not telling you what you want to hear on the internet then you will never succeed in the real world. You need thicker skin. If I needed advice on something, rather then NOBODIES tell me what I want to hear, I would rather experts tell me what they really feel. Their advice is worth much more then your ego.

Nobody likes to feel insulted, but when it is someone you can learn from that is "insulting" you, you had better sit down, shut up, take notes, and HOPEFULLY they will give you another chance to learn from them later.

PS I dont think anyone was really taking a shot at you anyway.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
PS I dont think anyone was really taking a shot at you anyway.

Yeah I read through the thread and couldn't find where they felt offended.
::shrugs::

But seeing something like that directly after I spent a good 20 mins typing up my response makes me wish I hadn't wasted my time. Not being able to gracefully take negative input is a sure sign that positive or helpful input will be wasted.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto

wow.

some people eh. no respect.

it's like they don't even think before they talk. or in this case. type.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Damn....that was a fair amount of reading and all of a sudden .. BLAM ! Wish he would have wrote this sooner. Would have saved me time. Out.

passion518

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Oct 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Learn marketing. It'll be the best thing you've ever done. Right now my girlfriend and I are KILLING IT in the art scene by creating art specific to a very niche demographic. People are paying $100+ for an hour's worth of work. Learn marketing and then literally do ANYTHING.

The OP may not have appreciated your post, but I'm sure others did, as myself! Obviously theres tons of info to read and learn from on the web, but do you have a preferred starting point for learning about marketing? Im all about learning and becoming well rounded.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
The OP may not have appreciated your post, but I'm sure others did, as myself! Obviously theres tons of info to read and learn from on the web, but do you have a preferred starting point for learning about marketing? Im all about learning and becoming well rounded.

That's what I love about this forum. Even threads like this turn into a great conversation and provide learning opportunities for everyone who comes along to read.

JudoTom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Sep 3, 2013
Scranton PA
wow i was gonna give you some ideas on how to double, triple that income very easily lol.. not now.. cause you said some bad words to some good people who have helped me out.

now the only advice i can give you is to LOSE THE ATTITUDE!

You came here. You asked for advice. You obviously know very very little about life, making money, how to make decisions, how to research, how to network, etc. but then you have the nerve to insult the very people that could turn your life around in WEEKS by taking time out of their busy/profitable days to help you out.

Good luck with that!

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I have the same goal. I want to make $1,000 a month online so I can be location independent. I also plan to move from the US to somewhere with a lower cost of living so I can save money and focus on making more money online. Currently I make $0 online, but I recently took action and built my first website. It's a "niche website" and I am in the process of writing my content right now and hopefully end up either earning a little money from it so I know this method actually works, or at least learn a lot from it and do better on my next one. I'm new here and hopefully will find some good info on the forums here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.