The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make This Go Viral

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
Research on your app buyer persona / user persona. Target rewards, motivate users to share. Create some sense of urgency to share. Give them control on what to share and pull them back with notifications.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
WHOHOOOO MY PLUGIN PROVIDER IS BACK!!! they operate from china and had bad VPN issues.
I guess this is another issue of "CONTROL", i love using their plugins but they can disappear at any moment, but i was sure theyd be back since plugins is their business.

Research on your app buyer persona / user persona. Target rewards, motivate users to share. Create some sense of urgency to share. Give them control on what to share and pull them back with notifications.

im planning on adding some achievements into my game, people love that stuff.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Software company operating from China?!

I'd abandon ship on them ASAP, personally.

They don't make full fledged software, they make various "plugins" for Unity3D, and I've had good experiences.

Their plugins are the simplest for me to use, and their support is great(except when they disappeared lol)

I only dropped about 200 bucks on 4 of their plugins.

Im gonna make several beginner guides on my blog for integrating social stuff into a Unity3D app and im gonna use neatplug plugins as the plugin of choice. I know this will provide a lot of value for many new developers out there who i know for fact would struggle with integrating social features into their game.

This will be a win win for me and neatplug. Ill get publicity for my game and theyll get exposure for their plugins. I want them to succeed so that they keep support going.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
The problem I would have with Chinese software companies is government control. At the drop of a hat, the government can completely shut them down if they want.

My understanding is that anything that is related information going into and out of China, including software, holds a high risk of them disappearing permanently.

Maybe my understanding is based on bad info...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
The problem I would have with Chinese software companies is government control. At the drop of a hat, the government can completely shut them down if they want.

My understanding is that anything that is related information going into and out of China, including software, holds a high risk of them disappearing permanently.

Maybe my understanding is based on bad info...

this is their response to questions regarding their disappearance:

Sorry, recently our VPN service was down, since we have to use a VPN to connect Google gmail, facebook and twitter, and also our live website (hosted in EU), these services cannot be connected from our country. (We are in China.)

Hope you guys understand, we have sign a new contract with a new VPN provider, hopefully we will get stable service going forward.

Apologize for the delay!

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
this is their response to questions regarding their disappearance:

Sorry, recently our VPN service was down, since we have to use a VPN to connect Google gmail, facebook and twitter, and also our live website (hosted in EU), these services cannot be connected from our country. (We are in China.)

Hope you guys understand, we have sign a new contract with a new VPN provider, hopefully we will get stable service going forward.

Apologize for the delay!

My concern if I were in your shoes would be if the Government finds out they are using a VPN to do this and they don't like it.

I'm not trying to cause trouble. I think it's fine for a $200 investment for the short term. I just wouldn't keep them as a lynchpin.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
My concern if I were in your shoes would be if the Government finds out they are using a VPN to do this and they don't like it.

I'm not trying to cause trouble. I think it's fine for a $200 investment for the short term. I just wouldn't keep them as a lynchpin.

Of course i understand. At the end of the day all their plugins are replaceable by other providers. It would be a pain but of course doable. I'm just hoping it won't come to that. I really love the simplicity of their stuff.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

u were right, it didn't work out, had problems apple version of my game, now im replacing 4 of their plugins with alternatives and it's delayed my iphone version for over 2 months now.

Lesson learned, but still a little tough to predict since their support used to be timely and not bad.

It'd been hell for the last 2 months...

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
u were right, it didn't work out, had problems apple version of my game, now im replacing 4 of their plugins with alternatives and it's delayed my iphone version for over 2 months now.

Lesson learned, but still a little tough to predict since their support used to be timely and not bad.

It'd been hell for the last 2 months...
Sorry I was right man. Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
finally after 4+ months delays since june i finally published Zombie Crisp on the appstore! :D
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-crisp/id997127927?ls=1&mt=8

Had to find new plugin providers and buy a slow as hell used 2010 macbook, but it is done!

Still a bug or 2 in there but its pretty professionally done if i do say so myself...

Took me 2 goddamn years from inception to seeing it on the appstore... jesus...
I learned so much i could write a book about it. The experience has been invaluable.
I cannot describe in one post the emotional roller coaster of these past 2 years, and I'm just getting started!
Building a strong foundation.

ONTO MY NEXT GAME!!!!

Shooting to be done with it before the end of the year, gonna be super casual, cute and easy but frustrating to play.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Hey @luniac , wow that's awesome you finally launched it up!:) Man the icon and images look great:) Did you make the icon yourself?

I recommend to focus on getting this game on as many review sites as possible, help boost the initial downloads!

Also, have you looked into getting some reviews for this? You can get on a review exchange platform and try to get at least the first 5 reviews, I wish you the best of luck on your journey, very cool to see how far you've come :)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hey @luniac , wow that's awesome you finally launched it up!:) Man the icon and images look great:) Did you make the icon yourself?

I recommend to focus on getting this game on as many review sites as possible, help boost the initial downloads!

Also, have you looked into getting some reviews for this? You can get on a review exchange platform and try to get at least the first 5 reviews, I wish you the best of luck on your journey, very cool to see how far you've come :)

thanks man
My coworker is a graphic designer, he did the icon and required store images.

lol im thinking of submitting to review sites but im also so past the point of being burned out on this game i kinda wanna put it behind me at this point.

I am trying to spread it by word of mouth though, im thinking of getting promotional stickers and plastering them all over the city!

Lone Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Oct 15, 2014
thanks man
My coworker is a graphic designer, he did the icon and required store images.

lol im thinking of submitting to review sites but im also so past the point of being burned out on this game i kinda wanna put it behind me at this point.

I am trying to spread it by word of mouth though, im thinking of getting promotional stickers and plastering them all over the city!

You've done the hard work now, definitely not worth giving up on the final stretch.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
You've done the hard work now, definitely not worth giving up on the final stretch.

im just not sure if it has that viral potential.

When i get paid this saturday im gonna submit zombie crisp to the same site that rejected my kim jong il app way back in january :)

Last edited:

Randomized

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Nov 6, 2015
Sometimes viral things take a while to come up.... You just need the right youtuber or kid at school to find it...

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Well its been a good 5 months.
A few hours ago I published Hoppity Hop on android,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iagg.hh

I was gonna do a simulatenous release with apple, but... a few hours ago i got the following rejected app message:
8.5 Details

Your app includes content or features from various famous people. The inclusion of third party content within your app, whether retrieved from the internet by the application or embedded in the application, is subject to the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement.

Specifically, your app includes sound clippings from various notable people.

Pursuant to the terms of this agreement, you represent and warrant that your application does not infringe the rights of another party, and that you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim that your application infringes another party's rights. Moreover, we may reject or remove your application for any reason, at our sole discretion.

Next Steps

Please provide documentary evidence of rights to use this content. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

these are my unlockable characters:
ChZ3StkmO68tGdnC7Jr3JdAQ9o4jI8iQHCabLMVDlG5sk3nfRrQq5y28H8AFomTM4W4=h900

This is my response to apple:
I apologize if I misunderstood the terms of use for third party content.

For Hillary Clinton, John Mccain, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, the sound clips are from publicly recorded speeches and conversations, i thought they were fair use, am i incorrect in that assumption?

I will remove George Carlin, Alex Jones, and Donald Trump.

What about Angry Joe, and PewDiePie, i got the sound clips from their youtube channels.

I assume all the animals, fart sound, and hindenburg are ok to use.

Please advise.
As a small developer i have no legal resources, and it was not my intention to infringe on any rights.
I will remove all the ones you require, Thanks.

I'm trying to minimize the amount of characters i'll have to change for the ios version.
If worse comes to worst, i'll have to replace all human unlocks with animals and objects i guess... sucks but i don't have CONTROL.
It's just a bunch of short audio clips, a bit draconian of them i think. I successfully published on google.

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Well its been a good 5 months.
A few hours ago I published Hoppity Hop on android,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iagg.hh

I was gonna do a simulatenous release with apple, but... a few hours ago i got the following rejected app message:
8.5 Details

Your app includes content or features from various famous people. The inclusion of third party content within your app, whether retrieved from the internet by the application or embedded in the application, is subject to the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement.

Specifically, your app includes sound clippings from various notable people.

Pursuant to the terms of this agreement, you represent and warrant that your application does not infringe the rights of another party, and that you are responsible for any liability to Apple because of a claim that your application infringes another party's rights. Moreover, we may reject or remove your application for any reason, at our sole discretion.

Next Steps

Please provide documentary evidence of rights to use this content. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

these are my unlockable characters:
ChZ3StkmO68tGdnC7Jr3JdAQ9o4jI8iQHCabLMVDlG5sk3nfRrQq5y28H8AFomTM4W4=h900

This is my response to apple:
I apologize if I misunderstood the terms of use for third party content.

For Hillary Clinton, John Mccain, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, the sound clips are from publicly recorded speeches and conversations, i thought they were fair use, am i incorrect in that assumption?

I will remove George Carlin, Alex Jones, and Donald Trump.

What about Angry Joe, and PewDiePie, i got the sound clips from their youtube channels.

I assume all the animals, fart sound, and hindenburg are ok to use.

Please advise.
As a small developer i have no legal resources, and it was not my intention to infringe on any rights.
I will remove all the ones you require, Thanks.

I'm trying to minimize the amount of characters i'll have to change for the ios version.
If worse comes to worst, i'll have to replace all human unlocks with animals and objects i guess... sucks but i don't have CONTROL.
It's just a bunch of short audio clips, a bit draconian of them i think. I successfully published on google.
Hey bud great to see your next game:)

The copyright thing can happen anywhere usually, was it due to the IMAGES themselves, like the images were copyrighted, or was it just because you referenced their names, try to get that cleared up because recently a guy had his game Trump Dump killing the overall charts and Apple accepted his app

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hey bud great to see your next game:)

The copyright thing can happen anywhere usually, was it due to the IMAGES themselves, like the images were copyrighted, or was it just because you referenced their names, try to get that cleared up because recently a guy had his game Trump Dump killing the overall charts and Apple accepted his app

naw it was the sound clips. i got like 400 sound clips. But their source would be public speeches, interviews, radio shows.
Only maybe George Carlin one is bad to use since clips are from HBO specials.
but even so i think apple is pushing it... the clips aren't HD quality and barely a few seconds for the longest clips...

Clayton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 9, 2012
San Diego
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe audio recordings are copyrighted by their recorder. Even interviews and public speeches. In addition, I believe you are up against `right of publicity` laws which give people like celebrities the exclusive right to profit off the use of their identity.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Seems crazy to me. when some comedy show plays news clips to make fun of, they get the rights to the clips?

well regardless i removed all human unlockables from the iphone version and resubmitted for review.

it is what it is, im not gonna get stuck up on it, the game is still fun to play and there are still 8 unlocks in the game.
Thankfully google play accepted my original game so at least its not all going to waste, i put in a lot of work cutting up hundreds of sound clips lol, it's pretty fricking hilarious actually!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
yay hoppity hop is published on itunes. Shame i had to remove half my unlocks but whatever.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hoppity-hop/id1090867517?mt=8

Anyways, I'm going back to zombie crisp and give it a facelift and probably a new gamemode.
It got over 1000 downloads so far and I still randomly get downloads here and there, i think it's a good investment to polish that game some more.
I learned a lot of lessons making hoppity hop that can be retroactively applied to zombie crisp.

aiight back to work...

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
yay hoppity hop is published on itunes. Shame i had to remove half my unlocks but whatever.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hoppity-hop/id1090867517?mt=8

Anyways, I'm going back to zombie crisp and give it a facelift and probably a new gamemode.
It got over 1000 downloads so far and I still randomly get downloads here and there, i think it's a good investment to polish that game some more.
I learned a lot of lessons making hoppity hop that can be retroactively applied to zombie crisp.

aiight back to work...
Hey man congrats on getting it on the store!
I hope the best for it's success @luniac!

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Hey man congrats on getting it on the store!
I hope the best for it's success @luniac!

Thanks man we'll see what happens, I'll never quit though no matter what, i already have a new idea im gonna do after updating zombie crisp.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
so, with the current political climate, what are the chances of this game going viral? LOL!
un.png

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I'm working on an app to rival RIPL:
Ripl - Social Media Marketing for Small Business

They charge 10 dollar a month subscription and a lot of people are not liking it.
I'm making a 100% free with ads alternative, with 1 time payment of 4.99$ to remove ads forever.

I have a graphic designer partner on this project who will design all the visual stuff, i'm the developer.
I'm using the Unity3D game engine which is uniquely suited for a visual type app like this, and i can get creative with cool physics ideas and gamey effects, the possibilities are endless.

Here's a quick progress pic:
Capture.PNG
The programming for this screen is pretty much complete. Can select gallery pics, or take one with camera, can input texts. All that data is saved internally to be used later in the app.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Also just released an app recently,
I saw Big Shaqs video Mans Not Hot, and it inspired me to create...
QUICK MATHS!

i really tried to focus on minimalism, and i think it turned out pretty damn slick!
if anyone tries it out, lemme know what u think lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.