The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Make money off other peoples ideas!

Idea threads

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
You don't have to come up with the next facebook to make money off of social media! While roaming the web in search of clever ideas, I found 2 sites, one is bringing in 15k a month and the other is bringing in 3k a month! They BOTH capitalized on the addition of the facebook timeline and saw a need for a collection of pictures someone could use as cover photos! What is so different about these sites than a wallpaper site?? NOTHING, they just switched some text around and now they are making some serious cash! The sites are listed below, I am not affiliated in any way with them and am not advertising them!

Site #1:Facebook Covers - Facebook Cover Photos - Create your own Facebook covers

Site #2:Cover Photo Finder: Spice up your Facebook Timeline

This just goes to show that there is always something out there that can be a successful business, it doesn't have to be something gargantuan and inspiring, just simple and creative! Hope some of you might be somewhat inspired by this. (probably not but I tried :D)

Side note: I have been using this cool site for a while now as a gauge mostly on traffic numbers but also profits, its called http://www.worthofweb.com and is a website value calculator, whether its any bit accurate or not I have no clue but it seems pretty legit! Again, not affiliated in any way, shape, or form with this site!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

prabhatcourt

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 13, 2012
Yes I have also used that website but I have some doubt about the ranking it do because value is different than web value.

Last edited by a moderator:

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I posted about worthofweb the other day- and basically everyone said they are not very accurate at all!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I posted about worthofweb the other day- and basically everyone said they are not very accurate at all!

This was an old thread that some spammer tried to put his link on, don't worry about it, worth of web and all those websites are not accurate whatsoever

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
one is bringing in 15k a month and the other is bringing in 3k a month!
Mike, how do they make money? Advertising? I did not want to give them access to my profile so I did not dig further, but they seemed to be free...

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Mike, how do they make money? Advertising? I did not want to give them access to my profile so I did not dig further, but they seemed to be free...

This is an old thread I posted back when I honestly thought worth of web was accurate and I had no clue how much money websites realistically made off of advertising, some spammer was nice enough to bump this thread, ignore it, let it fall back into forum oblivion, or a mod if you can/would like to delete this thread, feel free!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Gotcha.

I removed the spammer's link.

I thought you had found info about their monthly cashflow and was wondering how they did that. Thanks for the clarification.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.