The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

FAILURE Lost important domain to broker

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Portland
Ill put this under failure because the domain name for a project that I'm relaunching this summer has been snatched by a broker for $2200.

I quit the project last year and felt it was completely over. A chance meeting with someone in the industry brought me back and this time I have the proper help and understandings I feel I need for success.

It's a bummer as all the graphic design was done and I'm known for that name already in the industry. I found a new one that is very close and will work just fine, actually opens some things up for me marketing wise and feel I can parlay it in many ways when I relaunch. Its a huge lesson over 12 bucks that I was too cheap to dish out to keep it secure.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

JM35

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Same thing happened to me a few years back, actually because I just never renewed it. It was definitely a $1,000+ domain name but I was in one of my periods of side-walking and probably just deleted GoDaddy's email before reading that my domain needed to be renewed.

Tough lesson, but definitely one to learn from. Nowadays, I buy domains like I do lunch - without hesitation. GoDaddy always has like 30-40% discounts, so a new domain is cheaper than my Chipotle.

Private Witt

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Portland
Same thing happened to me a few years back, actually because I just never renewed it. It was definitely a $1,000+ domain name but I was in one of my periods of side-walking and probably just deleted GoDaddy's email before reading that my domain needed to be renewed.

Tough lesson, but definitely one to learn from. Nowadays, I buy domains like I do lunch - without hesitation. GoDaddy always has like 30-40% discounts, so a new domain is cheaper than my Chipotle.

Ha I like how u put that, "side-walking. I know that feeling quite well.

Also the cheap domain wont make u run to the bathroom like Chipotle sometimes does :).

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Price is going up to $3,000 on Jan 1st. We went through the cost of running it over the last...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom