The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to grow and automate my business

Nobackburner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 6, 2021
Hello fellow fastlaners! hope you're all having a great day!

I posted my background/intro post a few months back, I am looking for advice at this time to be able to grow and automate the business.
Don't get me wrong...having a business you founded at risk and with almost no help be profitable enough to pay all your bills and then some is great. however the reality is beginning to set in that because I did not go into a SAS business or similar type where all the work is done upfront and then all you do is sit back and sell I need to be seriously thinking about my next steps.

Ideally I would like to have very little involvement in the business itself. my reasoning is that it should operate almost completely independent of whatever I do. So orders should come in be processed and fulfilled. I started literally with no infrastructure, taking orders from social media pages of the business and then processing payments through 3rd party money transfer apps. I upgraded significantly. the business has now its own e-commerce site and it can take and process its own orders with built in payment processing. so one aspect of it is covered. my biggest problem is production. Production is time consuming and the bulk of where all the labor is. it involves cooking more than half our available menu at a commercial kitchen and then store it for order fulfillment. I thought of hiring staff to replace me so I can slowly detach from that aspect of it and have more free time to continue to grow it. I have no idea how to go about hiring someone and I've heard many horror stories from business owners in a variety of industries in town. at this time I am a single member LLC. Should I hire in house and handle everything related to employment myself? should I go the independent contractor route? when should I be thinking of seeking potential investors? up to this point I have been doing most everything on my own, out of fear they would not believe in the business or worse take over control entirely and not put the customer first.
I understand that realistically if I want to scale this through franchise or selling the recipes I cannot do it alone. I do believe based on feedback and reviews from complete strangers that I have a productocracy. of course that hasn't stopped me from making revisions and constant improvements.

I thank you all for your help in advance and I am open to advice/ suggestions / criticism

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.