The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for some feedback on a website

Marketing, social media, advertising

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Hey guys,

This is my first real post on here. I have been browsing the forums a little bit and found it really helpful. I am glad I joined. Anyways, I just hired a guy for our website (we make a wallet-case for the Samsung Galaxy S 3). He told me to look it over a little bit and submit any sort of changes. After a few basic corrections, we got the following:

BAK Cases

My question to all of you - We only have one product right now, is there a better way to show case our product? Is there a way to really make it stand out? I feel like it is pretty simple right now. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you very much for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YouServed

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Apr 24, 2013
California
Hey Nope327,

I hope I am allow to post. Your website looks good. There are a few things I would suggest though. Add a video to the site. Show the customers how the case works and why it is better. With video you can give them a clear picture. Also, add testimonials. That will help the customers make their decision to buy easier.

Ruben

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
1) How much of the actual profit goes to charity? It isn't listed on the Charity Work page or the FAQ, which makes me believe you're really just trying to get people to pay $40 for a piece of leather because they expect it to go to charity.

2) That being said, it's a high price point!

3) The site looks great!

4) Are you going to try and take it to big box retailers? You should. I'd even try QVC.

Keep up the good work. :)

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Thanks a bunch fellas. Please keep the suggestions coming. We are going to try to get into some of the big box stores in the near future. Also, the idea of video is great. We will add that in the next few days then. Do you think that the site seems too "Big" for a single product right now or does it seem acceptable with the amount of pages?

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
1.) I'm assuming you are going to create more cases in the future. I'd move the current case to a subpage so you don’t have to move it in the future and you’ll get more SEO juice. (I.E http://bakcases.com/shop/Bak-Samsung-Galaxy-s3/
2.) The menu breaks and you get two scroll bars when reducing the width to mobile size.
3.) The charity thing seems gimmicky. I’d remove it.
4.) The blog link opens a new browser when there is no need to.

Mrs. BRKb

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Apr 27, 2008
USA
Are you giving customers a choice of your charitable organizations (on the charity work page), or they can pick another one they prefer?

Berkshire Hathaway once had such a program (A class shareholders could designate the organization to receive the donation), but ditched the program because of controversy about one of the receiving nonprofits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Thanks a bunch fellas. Please keep the suggestions coming. We are going to try to get into some of the big box stores in the near future. Also, the idea of video is great. We will add that in the next few days then. Do you think that the site seems too "Big" for a single product right now or does it seem acceptable with the amount of pages?

oooohooohhh avoiding the charity question. If it's something like 0.5% you should take a good hard look in the mirror and realize you're a scammer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.