• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Looking for problems? Start with support forums.

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by PizzaOnTheRoof, Jul 30, 2018.

1. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,509
    Hey everyone hope all is well and huge thanks to @MJ DeMarco for changing my life! Anyway...

Just a quick idea I wanted to share.

It's quite clear that everyone is looking for "business ideas" when they should be looking for problems. Go to any entrepreneur forum like Reddit's r/entrepreneur (cringe), and to an extent this forum, and you'll find swaths of entrepreneurs begging for ideas.

After cruising one of these forums, something just clicked in my brain: "Why don't I just check the support forums of well-known companies/products/SaaS for problems?"

So I headed over to the first one I thought of: The Shopify Community Forum

On the first thread I clicked I've already found these real problems people have with Shopify. These could all be potential Shopify apps, SaaS products, or value skews on their own:
    • Can't select default variants (App)
    • A gift card/code database for customers who have lost them (SaaS)
    • Backorder/pre-sale system (SaaS or App)
    • Can't edit existing orders (App or value skew)
    • Lack of an open voting feature request system (SaaS)
    • Customers can't edit their profiles (App or value skew)
    • Customizable packing slips (App or value skew)
    • Using multiple apps can be very expensive (value skew)
    • An easier way to make exchanges for the same product (App or value skew)
    • Different filters for viewing product for stores with 100+ products (App or value skew)
    • Disable ALL emails to customers (App)
    And these are what I've found after only 10min reading ONE THREAD. Imagine how many possible problems/ideas are just floating out there in feature request and support threads!

Anyway, just wanted to share an idea that might get the gears turning for those who are stuck on the idea/problem finding phase of their Fastlane journey.

Xaridimos, Tommo, bbbyet and 19 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,214
    Admin Post
    Great observations!

Ultimately this is how I go through life... and I see problems/ideas/opportunities everyday and it can be very overwhelming! Thanks for sharing!

Tommo, jon2089, lucasb and 1 other person like this.
  3. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,509
    No thank you MJ!

We're all so fortunate to have a forum like this to share our ideas with and motivate one another.

I gotta ask, any new ventures/books in the works? lol

4. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,645
    That's where I got the idea for my current project--a forum.