The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for problems? Start with support forums.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Hey everyone hope all is well and huge thanks to @MJ DeMarco for changing my life! Anyway...

Just a quick idea I wanted to share.

It's quite clear that everyone is looking for "business ideas" when they should be looking for problems. Go to any entrepreneur forum like Reddit's r/entrepreneur (cringe), and to an extent this forum, and you'll find swaths of entrepreneurs begging for ideas.

After cruising one of these forums, something just clicked in my brain: "Why don't I just check the support forums of well-known companies/products/SaaS for problems?"

So I headed over to the first one I thought of: The Shopify Community Forum

On the first thread I clicked I've already found these real problems people have with Shopify. These could all be potential Shopify apps, SaaS products, or value skews on their own:
  • Can't select default variants (App)
  • A gift card/code database for customers who have lost them (SaaS)
  • Backorder/pre-sale system (SaaS or App)
  • Can't edit existing orders (App or value skew)
  • Lack of an open voting feature request system (SaaS)
  • Customers can't edit their profiles (App or value skew)
  • Customizable packing slips (App or value skew)
  • Using multiple apps can be very expensive (value skew)
  • An easier way to make exchanges for the same product (App or value skew)
  • Different filters for viewing product for stores with 100+ products (App or value skew)
  • Disable ALL emails to customers (App)
And these are what I've found after only 10min reading ONE THREAD. Imagine how many possible problems/ideas are just floating out there in feature request and support threads!

Anyway, just wanted to share an idea that might get the gears turning for those who are stuck on the idea/problem finding phase of their Fastlane journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great observations!

And these are what I've found after only 10min reading ONE THREAD. Imagine how many possible problems/ideas are just floating out there in feature request and support threads!

Ultimately this is how I go through life... and I see problems/ideas/opportunities everyday and it can be very overwhelming! Thanks for sharing!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Great observations!

Ultimately this is how I go through life... and I see problems/ideas/opportunities everyday and it can be very overwhelming! Thanks for sharing!
No thank you MJ!

We're all so fortunate to have a forum like this to share our ideas with and motivate one another.

I gotta ask, any new ventures/books in the works? lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.