The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for feedback on my website

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
Create a FREE DOWNLOADABLE / viewable checklist of things to do when buying
a house with spaces for all the user-input numbers ( agent, lawyer, appraiser, surveyors ) and
with all the pre-inputted numbers ( state inspectors, etc etc ) and include your website name
at the top in BIG LETTERS with a summary of what you offer below it. Give that to every
real estate professional ( agents, lawyers, appraisers, surveyors, etc etc in your area for
their clients to download to make things easier on them.

To do that correctly, completely and quickly - ask real estate agents ( every one ) if they
have a checklist already - take the best stuff from all versions and add your extras to it.

Thank you for that feedback and thank you especially for the free downloadable checklist idea. I cannot wait to start creating it this weekend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
This is what your site looked like when I opened it. I made the image smaller so it fits in the thread. I would change or edit the background image.

You can find some good voice overs on fiverr.com

mwWkl.png

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I love this idea! I think you are starting off on a great foot, great name and domain. Great design. What/How did you make your video? I am needing to make a video for Freelancify's homepage.

A couple things jumped to mind, but no biggie:

1) Make your call to action 'Find a Team' button way bigger and noticeable. It seems to be getting lost.

2) Make the background image with the big ol' owls faded a bit to give the real content (the video and call to action button) more prominence.

Disregard if these suggestions already popped up before, (just swinging by the forum and no time to read the previous posts)

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
This is what your site looked like when I opened it. I made the image smaller so it fits in the thread. I would change or edit the background image.

You can find some good voice overs on fiverr.com

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to work on fixing the background image tomorrow. You don't like my voice in the video? :) I checked out fiverr and I love the site. I'll probably be using one of their voiceovers in the near future..

I love this idea! I think you are starting off on a great foot, great name and domain. Great design. What/How did you make your video? I am needing to make a video for Freelancify's homepage.

Thanks! We made the video using photoshop and adobe premiere pro. I learned how to do some of the stuff and I have someone working with me on this that knew a bit more than me when it came to the video work. 6 hours of work last saturday for a 53 second video..sheeeesh

1) Make your call to action 'Find a Team' button way bigger and noticeable. It seems to be getting lost.

2) Make the background image with the big ol' owls faded a bit to give the real content (the video and call to action button) more prominence.

Thank you for the feedback. I will be working on these changes tomorrow and a little bit on Sunday before the G-Men take it to the Pats!

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to work on fixing the background image tomorrow. You don't like my voice in the video? I checked out fiverr and I love the site. I'll probably be using one of their voiceovers in the near future..

Your voice is fine but I do think that the typical ad voice would add a lot. I only really mentioned it because of sitesforsales post. It sounded like they were suggestion to set up interviews with people locally and pick one. Which I think is a lot of work to do. Fiverr has the cheap option or you could find someone on Voices.com | #1 Voice Over Marketplace for Voice Over Talent.

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
Your voice is fine but I do think that the typical ad voice would add a lot. I only really mentioned it because of sitesforsales post. It sounded like they were suggestion to set up interviews with people locally and pick one. Which I think is a lot of work to do. Fiverr has the cheap option or you could find someone on Voices.com | #1 Voice Over Marketplace for Voice Over Talent.

I agree. I am going to have another video on there eventually that has clips of interviews from professionals going over the home buying process. I have a few people lined up to do this already.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Great idea, I think you have potential here.
On a sidenote, I noticed that you are using the theme I am using for my site, except you did some great changes. Would you care to share how you did your customizing?
Pretty please with a red pill on top? :smx3:

Kevin P

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 14, 2012
Nice site. You will have to redo it several times the next year or two.

I would include company logos you are working with or their names. Bios aren't necessary.

Next I would have a better Find Your Team Button.

Make it a Button Not just text.

Plus once you get customers have testimonials ;)

Lumpy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 31, 2012
Hey, just checked out your site and concept. Could you provide a bit more info on how it will make money? I will watch this thread to see how you make out! Good start - and very expandable idea as well i'd think.

One thought when I looked at the website is "why?". Why use your professional referrals rather than the dozen real estate agents I get flyers from or I see signs on lawns from? Just curious - and I think others may wonder as well. maybe something that explains a true screening process of the professionals so I'd know I'm getting "the best" or at least believe I am.

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
Great idea, I think you have potential here.
On a sidenote, I noticed that you are using the theme I am using for my site, except you did some great changes. Would you care to share how you did your customizing?
Pretty please with a red pill on top?

Thanks! I have a friend of mine who is helping me with the design and as far as the customization goes, he did the background in photoshop. If you can be more specific I'd be more than happy to help further.
Nice site. You will have to redo it several times the next year or two.

I would include company logos you are working with or their names. Bios aren't necessary.

Next I would have a better Find Your Team Button.

Make it a Button Not just text.

Plus once you get customers have testimonials

Thanks for the feedback! We do plan on putting some testimonials on there once we can get them :).

Hey, just checked out your site and concept. Could you provide a bit more info on how it will make money? I will watch this thread to see how you make out! Good start - and very expandable idea as well i'd think.

One thought when I looked at the website is "why?". Why use your professional referrals rather than the dozen real estate agents I get flyers from or I see signs on lawns from? Just curious - and I think others may wonder as well. maybe something that explains a true screening process of the professionals so I'd know I'm getting "the best" or at least believe I am.

We will make money by selling the leads to the professionals. The "why" is for a number of different reasons. Mainly, its to help these professionals get more leads because more people go online before they make major purchases like buying a house now and don't look at those flyers you are talking about. As far as knowing you get the best, we have interviewed a lot of professionals and have done a lot of market research as to what makes each professional great in their respective industry. From that, we have put together a series of questions to ask each professional and judge it by that. Hope this helps.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thanks! I figured out some of the things, but I didnt get to these:
How did you enlarge the Page buttons at the top?
How did you put the Social Media buttons at the bottom?
Oh and the Linked-In button and the Terms/Conditions links do not work. :)

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
I like it but the light blue background and light blue and gray words make it impossible for me to read. Anyone who is color blind will not be able to read half of it. I think some others have mentioned this too but you need more contrasting colors to make the words stand out.

JASpinnato

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Apr 9, 2011
CT
Thanks! I figured out some of the things, but I didnt get to these:
How did you enlarge the Page buttons at the top?
How did you put the Social Media buttons at the bottom?
Oh and the Linked-In button and the Terms/Conditions links do not work.

Thanks I will take care of those links asap. Also, I will ask my friend who is working on this how to enlarge the page buttons and the social media buttons on the bottom. He does know how to code and I believe he is messing with the code to make these changes. I know he's doing that with the social media buttons. I am still trying to get a terms/conditions written up for the business.

I like it but the light blue background and light blue and gray words make it impossible for me to read. Anyone who is color blind will not be able to read half of it. I think some others have mentioned this too but you need more contrasting colors to make the words stand out.

Yes I am going to make this change. Thanks for the feedback :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.