The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for advice

Caz20

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 19, 2021
Hey guys my name is Andres I live en North Carolina, I’m 29. I’m quite confused, I do not want to make my story long so I will summarize it in a few words. I worked 6 months in a remodeling company as a supervisor, while there an idea came to my mind, I started to investigate and in the last two months I was able to improve the idea and decided to start it, I do not have the web knowledge to develop it or the money to to pay someone else to do it, I decided to buy a course and I am studying to develop it myself, but I am not sure how long it will take. I quit my job to look for a part-time job that would allow me to have enough time to study and continue developing my idea. But another idea came to my mind, well . . I don’t have a job, then I could start offering my web design services(I’m still learning but I already had some knowledge), I also bought a digital marketing course where it allows me to also offer this service and complement it with web design, well . . it seems a good idea, I can work on my own, develop new skills, have money to pay my accounts, while developing my main business idea. But many questions come to my mind, as MJ DeMarco says in his book "Never create a business thinking only of money" and explains his reasons.
Then I wonder if what I'm really doing is wrong, this idea is also linked to time, that is wrong, so should I better get a part-time job?, Or should I give myself the opportunity? And what if I don't get any clients and I don't have money to pay my bills the next month?. Also I have an acquaintance who has his construction company, he offered to pay me a course in which I could learn about real estate and find houses for remodeling and subsequent sale, in this way we could partner, it sounds interesting but . . What about my others plans?. What should I focus on?. What would be the best?. I just want some good advice, thanks everyone. To finish I am a foreigner and I apologize for my English, I do not know many people with whom I can share my idea, I have savings for only one month, so I must hurry to make a decision.

Thank you
Andres

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
You need to look at your life and ask yourself what the fastest way to TAKE money from other peoples bank accounts and PLACE it into your own is.

If you want to try web design, Go make a web design portfolio TODAY, go contact people TOMORROW and see where you get. In the mean time apply to part time jobs so you can make rent.

That's already solved your main fear.

As for 'This business is linked to time, this is wrong' Don't worry about any of this time for money stuff when you have rent to pay and food to buy.

If you spent the next three months making bank on web design you'd have far more options that you do now.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When I created this video, I had no idea it would be relevant on here for so many posts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...