The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking for a quiet place to make videos

Vic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 3, 2012
Anyone have any suggestions where I can go to make videos where I have to voice over? I can't do them at home because well, if you have two kids you know what I mean :) The best I have come up with is to go into the office on Saturdays and do them but this could be a bit touchy depending on who is in that day.

The library is out of the question also for obvious reasons. I have thought about paying for office space by the hour, however, I prefer somewhere where I don't have to pay.

Any other suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Anyone have any suggestions where I can go to make videos where I have to voice over? I can't do them at home because well, if you have two kids you know what I mean :) The best I have come up with is to go into the office on Saturdays and do them but this could be a bit touchy depending on who is in that day.

The library is out of the question also for obvious reasons. I have thought about paying for office space by the hour, however, I prefer somewhere where I don't have to pay.

Any other suggestions?

Can't you do it at home at night?
Maybe try a noise-cancelling microphone.

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Take a laptop in a car to a quiet place to do them. A lil cumbersome but better than never getting the videos out.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
I agree: A car is a great place, usually (as long as you don't live near an airport or have landscapers working nearby... lol). I used to hide in the car to do phone interviews when I was job hunting, as it is the ONLY place around the house where you can't hear the kids!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Our local library lets you use study rooms for free, with free wifi. Worth checking out.

Vic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 3, 2012
Can't you do it at home at night?
Maybe try a noise-cancelling microphone.

Maybe because my house is one of those new cookie cutter homes, but the noise reverberates a lot. The wife and kids will wake up guaranteed and chaos will ensue :) I need to talk loudly and clearly also throw in a couple of jokes and laughter so no, this option isn't viable right now.

Take a laptop in a car to a quiet place to do them. A lil cumbersome but better than never getting the videos out.
That's a really good idea actually, times like this make me wish I had a van to put a desk in :/

Our local library lets you use study rooms for free, with free wifi. Worth checking out.

Yeah I've gone to a few nearby, they just have open space. I have two more I am going to check out and see. There is a kinkos (or whatever they are called these days) I'm going to look into as well.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
What I've done:
Do it at home, and it's going to be silly, but PUT A BLANKET OVER YOUR HEAD. It's going to dampen the sound outside the blanket, cut down on unnecessary reverb, and make your voice sound a lot better on mic (you probably won't need to talk as loud).

At the ad agency we pulled off a LOT of cheapo methods of getting our work done. During comicon we needed a voiceover and we actually went into an empty alleyway with an iphone and a jacket over our heads.

Don't spend money on office space unless it's going to be multipurpose. That is: You can record VO, edit, write, make business calls, think, etc. If you're going to rent it out for an hour, I'm sure you can just record in your car, or at a friends house, or in your basement, or attic, or somewhere closer and free.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.