Below is a passage from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.
Is it me, or does this piece of text perfectly explain how we sometimes feel about slowlaners?
"I found myself back in the sephulchral city resenting the sight of people hurrying through the streets to filch a little money from each other, to devour their infamous cookery, to gulp their unwholesome beer [...] They were intruders whose knowledge of life was to me an irritating pretence, because I felt so sure they could not possibly know the things I knew. Their bearing, which was simply the bearing of commonplace individuals going about their business in the assurance of perfect safety, was offensive to me like the outrageous flauntings of folly in the fce of a danger it is unable to compehend. I had no particular desire to enlighten them, but I had some difficulty in restraining myself from laughing in their faces, so full of stupic importance."
"Filch a little money from each other" reminds me of people bargaining for pennies or buying things from great businesses, use them and return them (aka "balling").
Not saying I look down on slowlaners, but sometimes their fake attitude of feeling important and "perfectly fine" disgusts me.
Many people out there act as if they know everything about life and thing really highly of themselves without being humble and accepting that life is about learning. Think about the type of people who do everything they can to win small arguments and find utter joy in it.
Again, I don't look down on them, but at times they irritate me.
Is it me, or does this piece of text perfectly explain how we sometimes feel about slowlaners?
"I found myself back in the sephulchral city resenting the sight of people hurrying through the streets to filch a little money from each other, to devour their infamous cookery, to gulp their unwholesome beer [...] They were intruders whose knowledge of life was to me an irritating pretence, because I felt so sure they could not possibly know the things I knew. Their bearing, which was simply the bearing of commonplace individuals going about their business in the assurance of perfect safety, was offensive to me like the outrageous flauntings of folly in the fce of a danger it is unable to compehend. I had no particular desire to enlighten them, but I had some difficulty in restraining myself from laughing in their faces, so full of stupic importance."
"Filch a little money from each other" reminds me of people bargaining for pennies or buying things from great businesses, use them and return them (aka "balling").
Not saying I look down on slowlaners, but sometimes their fake attitude of feeling important and "perfectly fine" disgusts me.
Many people out there act as if they know everything about life and thing really highly of themselves without being humble and accepting that life is about learning. Think about the type of people who do everything they can to win small arguments and find utter joy in it.
Again, I don't look down on them, but at times they irritate me.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
