The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Little Steps!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
I just canceled our cable TV...

Anyone else cancel it or take other little steps to help stay focused on hitting the Fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
A friend of mine deleted his Facebook to focus on his fastlane process, and I'm going to do the same next month when my team and I launch our product. Also, next time I go grocery shopping after my check comes in, I'm planning on living off solely on Cup O' Noodles and dollar store soda. 1) It'll save me a lot of money, which I can put towards our company and 2) I know that eating Cup O' Noodles will get tired and old FAST and I'll start to crave other food, but I think the struggle will keep me from getting too comfortable and will force me to focus.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I think you should have some variety, if only because I find it hard to condone living of cup o msg for a month.

Rice, eggs, dehydrated beans... All just as cheap and boring, except they'll run your body a little better.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I cancelled cable a couple of years ago. I have a small, really old tv now that only sees use as Sesame Street and Thomas the Tank Engine theater.

Other than this small, old tv, I don't even own one. I will occasionally watch a tv show on the internet, but that only happens about every other month or less.

My mother called the other day and asked if she could buy us a tv for Christmas. She actually thought we cancelled cable and got rid of the tv for money reasons. LOL. I told her we eliminated it as a lifestyle choice.

We now, gasp, talk to each other in the evenings. My kids read, gasp, books. We are not bombarded with commercials that subconsciously make you want, want, want and thus consume, consume, consume.

Quality of life has improved just from this one simple decision.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
I think you should have some variety, if only because I find it hard to condone living of cup o msg for a month.

Rice, eggs, dehydrated beans... All just as cheap and boring, except they'll run your body a little better.

Thanks, I'll do that instead then haha.

A

Anon3587x

Your body needs more than noodles to survive and function properly.

If you aren't eating properly your brain will not think at full potential. You will not have the energy to pull long grinds.

In my opinion eating a healthy diet is a top priority and worth dipping into the budget for.

A

Anon3587x

I'm planning on living off solely on Cup O' Noodles and dollar store soda.

Cup of noodles are actually bad for you. They do not have much nutritional value.

Soda=BAD.

If your willing to eat on a budget but you still manage to fit soda in there I'd have to let you know that is a HUGE contradiction lol.

ceoarob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 11, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I only drink water at night.

And I keep a personal journal to keep track of everything that I've done for the whole day. I typically journal right before I go to bed.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
I'm not a nutritionist either, by the way. I'm not sure what shortfalls the foods I mention would leave you with... Less than cup o noodles I'm sure, but adding at least some suplaments so you know you get your C's etc. Could help. What's a bottle of multi vitamins go for these days? $5 for a months supply?

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Cup of noodles are actually bad for you. They do not have much nutritional value.

Soda=BAD.

If your willing to eat on a budget but you still manage to fit soda in there I'd have to let you know that is a HUGE contradiction lol.

HAHA! I guess I'll supplement the dollar sodas with water and kool aid then! But in all seriousness, I'm just going to eat whatever I need to get by so that the majority of my funds go to rent and our business.

whosdamazo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 10, 2010
CA
i recently cancelled my cable. and lowered my subscription to my netflix. im cutting down on as much as i can, but still be able to live comfortably.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.