The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Little-known Free & Legal Audiobooks/Ebooks Resource (USA/Canada only)

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I just wanted make people aware of an awesome resource that you can use to access a huge library of audiobooks, ebooks, tv shows, and movies thats 100% free and legal.

The app is called Hoopla. The way it works is you login to the app using your library card number, so you do need a library card or you can probably borrow someone else's. Not all libraries participate but it looks like most major cities are covered in the US. You can see the basic coverage map here: hoopla Participating Libraries map

Once you're logged in, it works just like a digital library. You can borrow up to 12 titles/month. A title counts as 1 audiobook, 1 ebook, 1 movie, 1 tv show episode, etc. and you get to borrow it for 21 days. You can borrow a title as many times as you want.

The selection is not as wide as Amazon but there are still tons of awesome audiobooks/ebooks to select from. I think the titles may vary from library to library but I'm not totally sure. You can check out the FAQ's here: Unsupported Browser

For example, some of the audiobooks I've recently "checked out" include:
  • The Way Of The Superior Man - David Deida
  • Start With Why - Simon Sinek
  • The Power Of Now - Eckhard Tolle
  • You Can't Teach A Kid To Ride A Bike At A Seminar - David Sandler
Way cheaper than Audible or buying for Kindle.

Also, you can stream tv shows and movies through the following apps

I hope someone finds this useful and is able to take advantage especially during this time of social distancing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
I just wanted make people aware of an awesome resource that you can use to access a huge library of audiobooks, ebooks, tv shows, and movies thats 100% free and legal.

The app is called Hoopla. The way it works is you login to the app using your library card number, so you do need a library card or you can probably borrow someone else's. Not all libraries participate but it looks like most major cities are covered in the US. You can see the basic coverage map here: hoopla Participating Libraries map

Once you're logged in, it works just like a digital library. You can borrow up to 12 titles/month. A title counts as 1 audiobook, 1 ebook, 1 movie, 1 tv show episode, etc. and you get to borrow it for 21 days. You can borrow a title as many times as you want.

The selection is not as wide as Amazon but there are still tons of awesome audiobooks/ebooks to select from. I think the titles may vary from library to library but I'm not totally sure. You can check out the FAQ's here: Unsupported Browser

For example, some of the audiobooks I've recently "checked out" include:
  • The Way Of The Superior Man - David Deida
  • Start With Why - Simon Sinek
  • The Power Of Now - Eckhard Tolle
  • You Can't Teach A Kid To Ride A Bike At A Seminar - David Sandler
Way cheaper than Audible or buying for Kindle.

Also, you can stream tv shows and movies through the following apps

View attachment 31517

I hope someone finds this useful and is able to take advantage especially during this time of social distancing
Nice one, there's a similar system if you have a Kobo/Kindle for eBooks, you can "borrow" the eBooks directly on you ereader

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Yes!!!
People need to check out what their libraries offer.

Here's some of what my library offers online:
Lynda, Mango languages, more eBook services, tutoring and homework help services! All free!!! Take advantage of this as this is where are our taxes go!

If only I knew about the tutoring and homework help services during my highschool years haha. Use your resources!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.