The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Liquor Store?

JM35

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 13, 2013
Denver
Hi,

This is really old and I realize that. I hope someone can here can help me. My father has been in business for a long time and I have learned from him, business techniques and what not. I am looking into investing into a store thats currently doing 1.5 million a year in gross sales. Has about 25% margins. I was wondering if someone here can look at the numbers and such and help me make a good decision?

The real estate is owned. And the price seems reasonable for purchase.

Thanks,
Nevil
Nevil - I'd be happy to spend an hour of time or so digging around and taking a look. I work for a PE firm and spend my day digging through financial statements so should be able to provide some insight.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nevil Jay Bhatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 9, 2019
But this is expected of any business, don't really assume any business works cleanly without worry of employment. Unless if you choose to outsource manufacturing, which of course has its own problems as well.

I have one client operating liquor store.

Basically they import items and sell at wholesale in his country. It was good business with decent profit but they have to work very hard and there is so much to manage. They have many employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DURABLEOILCOM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 25, 2012
Liquor stores seem like a recession proof business, how much do you need in order to be able to buy or finance one? How does selling online and mailing liquor work in New Jersey?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fiesta1985

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 15, 2023
Anyone got any experience opening and owning a liquor store? And does it have potential to be fastlane if owning more than one. Please share! :tiphat:
I currently own a liquor store. I have owned it for the past six years and going on to seven years. With time, the regular customer base deteriorates in number pretty badly. I must mention that my store is in a fairly decent middle class neighborhood. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are horrible in sales. $300 or $400 for the entire day! You need a line of credit to run these stores. With wretched sales days, it is tough to pay back. Then the lease for these stores is horribly punitive. The landlord can lock you out easily.

Johnnyboy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2023
I currently own a liquor store. I have owned it for the past six years and going on to seven years. With time, the regular customer base deteriorates in number pretty badly. I must mention that my store is in a fairly decent middle class neighborhood. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are horrible in sales. $300 or $400 for the entire day! You need a line of credit to run these stores. With wretched sales days, it is tough to pay back. Then the lease for these stores is horribly punitive. The landlord can lock you out easily.
Do you know where in NY you can get quality liquor, wholesale, for cheap prices? I’m opening my liquor store and need the best prices.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.