The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Linkedin: Waste of time? Effective strategies?

Marketing, social media, advertising

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
Hi guys,

Linkedin is the largest B2B social network most CEOs & people engaged in business can be found there.

Are you using it effectively to 'network' with investors, partners & clients / customers?

I've had some success with cold-engagement (searching for the relevant audience, connecting to & messaging them directly) leading to email, skype calls & in some cases a meeting / interview.

I'd say that it has been about the same as direct email (via a website form or finding an email address from a blog etc).

A lot of my time has been 'wasted' though, with conversations leading nowhere eventually, turning unresponsive etc.

Just wondering what approaches others have taken, or success stories leading from using it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
I've dabbled in LinkedIn strategies like you mentioned. Making connections and cold messaging various people. Our sales team has made a few connections with people in related niches and used that to secure a few deals but nothing significant. Typically the communication goes dead after the initial convo or initial connections are made from the other side.

I've also done the LinkedIn paid ads and those seem to be worthless. Can never get anything going with them.

For being such a big network I'd have to say that LinkedIn is probably the most under utilized channel for business advertising. If anyone has any good tips I'd be interested as well, but from my experience it hasn't yielded anything much in terms of growth or connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.