The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LFA Thoughts?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Its going to fail. Honda already found out 20 years ago with the NSX that people won't pay Ferrari money for a Honda. Which was a shame because the NSX is one hell of a car.

The only company thats managed to really break into the super car market recently has been Zonda, because well they are nuts.

Besides Japanese cars have no soul, they are about as interesting as a toaster. I'd spend $250k on an Aston Martin before that ugly thing.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I don't like how it looks and for that much I'd rather have a lambo or F car. Yes 90k for a new nsx is too high. After 15 years of the car's production, Acura had sold only about 8,900 NSXs. Chevrolet sells three times that many Corvettes in just one year. Acura was working on a replacement that was called the HSC Honda HSC | Concept Cars but in 07 they changed the looks and increased to 600hp (Preview: Honda’s 600HP V10 NSX-replacement - MotorAuthority). I'm a fan of japanese cars they are some of the best vehicles in the world for performance. Overall imo imports are better then domestic. Some of my favorites are the skyline r33 r34 r35, supras.

What about saleen? s7 and the s5s raptor? The koenigsegg? Koenigsegg | Official website of the Swedish super sports car manufacuturer . I would consider them exotics.

performance toys: 2009 saleen raptor

Saleen S5S Raptor supercar concept - MotorAuthority

Inphinity

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 20, 2007
Auckland, NZ
They're only making 500. They'll sell out before they can build em all.

It'd be far, far down my list of cars to buy - given sufficient resources.

Performs nicely, doesn't look that flash, some cool toys, but.. at the end of the day its a $400k Toyota.

But then, they don't want to sell a lot of them - hence the low production number. It's really just an exercise in development, so we'll probably see a lot of the lessons to trickle down to upcoming mass-production sports cars.

Scary thing is, they're making an overall loss on the project - or so they claim.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Mclearen lost money on every F1 they made, and Mercedes lost money for the first 5 years of production of the W140 S class.

Its what happens when R&D costs are to high.

Personaly I love the NSX, if it had a high end European badge on the hood it would have sold like crazy. Not only is it a blast to drive but you can do it every day, I have seen them with 200k miles on them. But sadly in that price range the badge on the hood is everything.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.