The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leveraging a game engine to increase lead conversion rate

Constantinos

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 18, 2019
This is my first post here, and to be honest I don't really know how to start but I will give it a try so here we go...

3 years ago after searching on google for a good book related to entrepreneurship I stumbled across one called The Millionaire fast lane which I immediately downloaded and begin reading it after I saw the overwhelmingly positive ratings. At the time I was working as a mechanical designer in a mechanical construction company and I wanted to take a break for a while and go for vacation. So after some discussion with my friends and a mutual agreement that our target location was going to be Ikaria island, we started splitting trip responsibilities into three equal part's in which I took the responsibility to find a car , and a place to stay. Long story short we finally arrived at our destination only to discover that the place we saw in the pictures from Airbnb was not at all what it looked like in real life, and I remember thinking to my self that it would be great if I could actually visit somehow the place without ever going there. I knew about the existence of 360 photos back then but I also knew that it wasn't really the answer to this problem.

Finally, the trip ended and few days after I discovered a video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3LtFrMAvQ4&t=1s
where it basically showed the ability of a game engine (UE4) to create interactive photorealistic environments that can be used in the architectural visualization industry. I was blown away, millions of ideas were generated in my mind ,but my brain did its thing and picked just one. What if I could create a website like Airbnb were the user could virtually enter the apartment that is interested in and be able to fully explore and interact with it, while having the ability to buy and customize the showcased furniture. The owner would also have a benefit using this program, since it can implement more persuasive techniques like Sound, lighting, environment, interactivity while simultaneously increasing the immersion through photo realism of the potential customer therefore increasing the conversion rate of leads to customers. Also, the furniture stores could benefit from this through advertisement while having the ability to showcase and sell their products without the need of an actual space. This idea together with the knowledge I gathered from the book and the accumulated pressure generated from my ms'c degree studies and job resulted in me quitting the job, and finding a way to make this idea a reality, and let me tell you boy it is hard... a lot of programs and expertise are involved in order to make even a single project and also technology like 3d cloud streaming is still in its infant stage, but I had to start from somewhere, and so I did by starting learning (and still do) UE4,3d design, color theory, coding and so on...

Yesterday I finished my second project
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dxFmtbdpV8&t=2s
but there is still a lot of room for improvement (from feedback that i gathered from other people relevant in this field), and definitely an even longer road until my final goal. What I'm trying to do now is get enough interest from people to create courses and get money out of it, so I can work on something that can give me income to live and also experience that will actually be aligned with my goals. To be 100% honest with you though, some times I still feel lost and overwhelmed I don't have a business plan yet and I don't even know how to start or on what aspects should I devote my attention to make my idea a reality, I guess that's the reason why I'm posting this here to get your opinion about my idea and also some guidance would be extremely appreciated :] .

Excuse my grammar mistakes and also thanks for the patience reading until the end

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
that is an interesting thought. I'd say that that type of immersion would be more value- giving on real state sites that on airbnb. for the later it sounds like over doing it. for real state you'd definitely want something like that, including virtually experiencing the neighborhood, different lighting conditions/ seasons for the property etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.