The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Letter from Hedge Fund up 1000% in 2007 to investors

imirza

Contributor
Jul 29, 2007
This Southern California based hedge fund was up around 1000% in 2007 betting against real estate and subprime. Here is a letter from the manager to investors. A good read. http://billcara.com/assets/Dec 07.pdf

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
A good read - but something is bothering me about it. He writes too informal for a report. I am all for making things understandable and simple but things like "LOL!!!" and swearing could potentially question the validity of his points.

Given that, not a bad read. Rep++

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I am in the same boat that I think if a person does a great job, he can use latin for all he wants..but does anyone have links that confirm this 1000? I've looked around, its mostly blog posts.

OP
OP
imirza

imirza

Contributor
Jul 29, 2007
His returns are published in the letter itself. 869% for his main fund. These guys get audited so I doubt he'd publish bogus returns to his investors. Hedge funds all have third parties that audit them and their Prime Broker keeps records too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom