The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lets Talk Phone Systems

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I searched the site and did not find much on phone systems... using different terms.

Anyway, I am thinking of something that you scale up or trying to get some information on how those who started small ended up scaling to bigger systems. I am familiar with Googlevoice all the way to some robust VOIP system, one of which I built from scratch at one of our ventures, handling all calls into the office and routing them to different locations and the like. As far as Googlevoice (and other) systems go I would like to know some secrets, if any, in using that for business. I was using something similar to Evoice but they kept raising their prices. The price started at 14 bucks and after not too long it was nearly twice that long for 300 minutes and that made no sense.

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
This did not work for me. It ends up costing more than I bargained for. I need something that at this stage of my business, offers a set price, with set minutes and knowledge of the cost of additional minutes.

Check out twilio.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I believe that is what most persons hear will need for phone service when just starting out. Very few of us will need a system like MJ, costing in the multiples of tens of thousands.

With that said, it was saddening to not find any defined thread on the subject, as important as it is to the small fries like most of us. As such, I have been checking out a few.

They are Phone.com. Ring Central. Virtual PBX. Evoice. Freedom Vooice. Halloo and iTeleCenter.

The requirement was that they offered minimum of 300 minutes per month, cost less than $20.00 per month, no more than .07 cents per minute after using all original minutes and free 800 number. Additionally, I wanted unlimited extensions or minimum 10 and all the aforementioned companies offered these features and more.

What prompted this change is my nearly losing sale because my Magic Jack was down. Also, it does not follow me in the fashion that I need. The main feature I needed was follow me, which rings one phone and if it no answer then it rings another and I got this with all these virtual phone companies.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's unfortunate that no one has contributed to this as I think it's an integral part of quality customer service and I've been struggling with this issue myself. Yahdmon, I'll PM you a recommendation hopefully it will help you a bit.

D

DeletedUser2

Kall8 we use to acquire 1800 numbers. that or ringcentral.

our volume is such that we are moving from ring central to a Q Control, (offered directly by Telcos) for managing our multiple 1800 numbers.

I guess if you ask a better question we might be able to better help.
how many people are you directing phones for?
a receptionist?
customer service?
outbound calls?
multiple 800 numbers?
a single one?

for an office?
for roaming people on cell phones.

there is alot of new virtual control panels like google voice.
that take the place of a typica PBX system in house.

but if your in 1 place, and need a pbx those are great, and often time cheap.

we bought 2 systems years ago, from craigslist. 15K systems for 2k
so.... if you ask a better more specific question,

you may get a more specific answer.

our current office, is cell phones, and skype.
the only phone line in, is for fax.

but we have a full time call center for customers.

so it all depends on what you need

Z

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
Thanks for the feedback... greatly appreciate the help.

I am basically trying to get a consensus of what most persons use here to see if I can get a better price than what I have found in my personal search. Your needs are much greater than my own and will be vastly more expensive per month than what I noted I was looking for.

Right now, I do not need an in-house system. I just need a virtual phone system which answers my calls, makes me sound bigger than I am with different extensions, which can ring one phone and then another if no one answers the first call and offers me atleast 300 minutes per month.

I am leaning toward an 1-800 number from Ringcentral but VoIP Service Providers | Small Business Phone System - The Original Hosted Pbx | Virtual PBX (not affiliated with) is offering a free VOIP phone so I am considering that offer and also have a desk phone in my home office via internet.

With that said, I need no more than three extensions right now but we are growing.

Do not need a receptionist.

Customer service is handled by an extension but no in-house person will be seated at a desk. It will be a person that answers the phone either on their cell or at home or at some remote location.

Outbound calls will be minimal... no more than maybe 500 minutes each month -- if that. We only need on 800 number for now -- but we are growing so the provider must be able to provide this at a later date.

Kall8 we use to acquire 1800 numbers. that or ringcentral.

our volume is such that we are moving from ring central to a Q Control, (offered directly by Telcos) for managing our multiple 1800 numbers.

I guess if you ask a better question we might be able to better help.
how many people are you directing phones for?
a receptionist?
customer service?
outbound calls?
multiple 800 numbers?
a single one?

for an office?
for roaming people on cell phones.

there is alot of new virtual control panels like google voice.
that take the place of a typica PBX system in house.

but if your in 1 place, and need a pbx those are great, and often time cheap.

we bought 2 systems years ago, from craigslist. 15K systems for 2k
so.... if you ask a better more specific question,

you may get a more specific answer.

our current office, is cell phones, and skype.
the only phone line in, is for fax.

but we have a full time call center for customers.

so it all depends on what you need

Z

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
It won't work, actually will work out more expensive for me in the long run I think. Main down side is that you get no included minutes with any accounts that they offer. When you create an account, you pay six or seven bucks just starting out, even before you make any calls... guess that pays for advertisement on satellite radio. Also, no free trial. You get your money back if you cancel within 30 days though. They do offer internet-fax but it is receive only. What you do get is 24/7 phone support for that minimum $24 price tag.

They are a big company it seems with mucho dollars behind them and so I am sure you have heard the ads. There are better options and I have found two.

I am leaning towards VirtualPBX for the low price, 300 minutes to start out, FREE VOIP phone, ability to grow once the storm catches up with my desire. Only negative I see is the lack of 24/7 phone support. Call today and no one is in the office.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I just signed up (two weeks ago) for virtual PBX myself. I am waiting for our phone lines to be ported over which takes approx. 3-4 weeks. We have already received the phones that came with a year signup. I'll post when we finally try the service.

Randall

w

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
$15

I signed up today too. I am doing the 30 days trial and so far I don't think I will stay with them.

I just signed up (two weeks ago) for virtual PBX myself. I am waiting for our phone lines to be ported over which takes approx. 3-4 weeks. We have already received the phones that came with a year signup. I'll post when we finally try the service.

Randall

w

I added another Que and got hit with a $15 dollar charge so now the $7.99 initial price is $22.99 for 300 minutes. At that price I might as well move up to the 24.99 bucks and get unlimited. I do like how easy it is to configure though... very impressed with the ease of use.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.