The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lets make some money!

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
I'm looking for a partner A.S.A.P to start up a basic business concept. This partner should be able to design website and program websites. This is a start-up concept this will be an equity type deal. The site needs to be a basic as possible I want to spend the lease time design and coding and more time marketing and collecting money. It would be a plus you have experience doing 3d models and vectors as well. Anybody interested please leave a reply here or just private message me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
I understand that you want to launch it asap, but perhaps outsourcing the website can be a good idea since it makes the project management easier and more professional.

For instance - if I believe in your idea, I'm willing to invest in it - and perhaps leave the product management to you -> which allows you to outsource the website building.

This creates healthier management hierarchy, and gives you professional website building experience.
Ofcourse it has downsides aswell.

I once tried to build a business with a programer as partner, with me supplying the idea and him supplying the business platform (website).
It didn't work out for me because it was too hard to controll his work over the distance & time zones - and after a while his motivation went down since I offered him "only" percentage from future revenues which was apperantly not encouraging enough.

Perhaps other than a bad organization structre I also chose the wrong person.. :rofl:

I'm also witnessing a similar case happneing live to a friend of my brother's:

She has a great idea but no knowledge in porgramming.
She promised 20% of the company to a programmer to be responsible for the developement of the product.

What happended is that he made a very basic amature prototype, and he failed to meet the deadlines that were decided upon.

another problem is that when signing the contract there was no part concerning the programmer's duties and what happens if he dosen't supply the product until the deadlines.

So now the business is stuck with a mediocre programmer partner who isn't making progress with building the product - what did the manager do? give him another 10% of the company to motivate him...but it didn't work.

Now everything is stands because she can't fire him since he has 30% of the company (if she takes a different programmer no matter what conditions - he will still have 30% of the future revenues) and currently it looks like a good idea went down the drain.

What did I learn from those two cases?

1) The person you choose as your partner should be choosed very carefully.
2) Turning people who could've been employees to partners to save up cash isn't a smart move in these cases.
3) Always sign contracts - and make sure they motivate your workers/partners to work through positive & negative encouragements.
4) Choosing the right management structure in the beginning is crucial for success.

Antonio.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 28, 2007
Saint Louis
Thanks for the feedback I'm only looking for local people for this partnership. I'm very much aware of everything you have said. I just posted to opportunity on this site because i know it's many people looking to make money here. I've had my experience with out of state programmers vice versa.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.