The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning to use the FORCE

D

Deleted74925

FORCE equals MASS times ACCELERATION.

After spending the first 25 years of my life in the slow lane, living a life pursuing the slow accumulation of wealth in the form of a math bachelors and grinding out code exercises and online courses until my brain slowly dies, my life is about to turn upside down. Thanks to TMF and Unscripted , new possibilities are now visible. Exchanging a social life for 6 years while kissing the feet of college professors and managers for a GPA and incremental promotions only results in MASS. Spending the next 5 years climbing a corporate hierarchy would only result in increasing this MASS. I would be weighted down, unmotivated, and dead inside.

All of my life I have had the ability to ACCELERATE for brief periods of time. Be it studying for an exam and finishing a work project over a weekend. Without the long-term rewards of "eating what I can kill" but instead turning over all rights, ownership, and profit to my employer, I have lacked the motivation (or perhaps had too much intelligence) to see a reason to continue and have thus limited my potential. Why put in extra effort if on a salary? Why even look for innovation if there is no possibility of earning more than a 10% raise at the end of the year?

Three months ago I started creating technical tutorials for an area that I have been working in for the last 5 years. Instead of being the consumer, I'm now the producer. I'm at 77 customers already I have the potential for ACCELERATION. This has been working 40 hrs/week + writing and creating videos for 10-20 hours. This has been from contracting a developer to build a website and reading open-source textbooks. The content is nearly complete which will give me freedom to work on other pursuits.

My parents and family believe that the slowlane is the only way. Those who work too hard burn themselves out. Those who do not work hard enough are lazy. The middle ground is a life of perpetual misery. They see MASS or ACCELERATION as mutually exclusive. As you all know, the only way to achieve great things in life, the only way to rise above the mediocrity, the only way to live in pride and accomplishment, the only way to give massively to millions of people, the only way to have FORCE is to live with both at once. This is impossible as long as I am living for the dreams of someone else.

Someone else on here said that they were in "MJ's Limo Job" in that they are not able to drop everything just yet, and are in "reconnaissance mode", gathering information, reading, spending 3-5 hours on the weekend writing or building something, and absorbing as much information as possible. This is my current situation. I can't leave my job as I have jaw surgery and braces (typical slowlane planning) in a few months and require insurance. I'm going to continue adding to my tutorials and adding value to this asset. I'm going to read this forum and continue building, saving, storing up resources. Once this surgery is done, it will be a new chapter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Wowabunga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 6, 2019
Polecat Hollar, PA
Good read... I was expecting a over view of the newest Star Wars movie plot. Sigh of relief.

When you slow down... use music to power back up. ( I'm approaching close to 100 individual taylored play lists on my mp3 player ) Just read a article how the music in the current Star Wars flick is some of the best ever for luring the viewer in and pushing the suspense over the top with great intensity. Something about 50% of the movies emotion draws on the music alone.

Take my auditory advice or leave it... but I do have on my life resume the honor of performing under the baton of the great music composer John Williams ( aka Starwars, Jaws, Raiders Ark soundtracks ). A moment on the big stage a shy kid and his trumpet hailing from the Applachain Mountains never ever forgets.

D

Deleted74925

I do have on my life resume the honor of performing under the baton of the great music composer John Williams ( aka Starwars, Jaws, Raiders Ark soundtracks ). A moment on the big stage a shy kid and his trumpet hailing from the Applachain Mountains never ever forgets.

As a want-to-be guitar player in my past life I absolutely relate to this. I was a consumer, though, rather than a producer. I was terrified of performing or using it in any useful way but merely used it as a therapeutic drug to cover emotional tension. Music is a weapon used to control the masses. Why do retail stores always play happy background music? I'm assuming that you talking about producing music as well as just listening, if you are a musician.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People", chapter 11, has deep insight into how drama is used to change people's minds (https://images.kw.com/docs/2/1/2/212345/1285134779158_htwfaip.pdf).

Star War's overall merchandising sales is over $260 B. John Williams deserves are lot of the credit for this.

Wowabunga

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 6, 2019
Polecat Hollar, PA
"How to Win Friends and Influence People", chapter 11, has deep insight into how drama is used to change people's minds .

Just re-read chap 11. It says showmanship is a part of being dramatic. Knowing your product inside and out, sounds boring, but it is the most impressive thing you'll encounter when you find a salesperson who is knowledgeable. Add some drama and showmanship and you're hard to beat.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007