What's new

Learning to pick yourself up: One of the best skills I have learnt.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

niftyg

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jun 22, 2013
Messages
110
Location
Vancouver Island
Rep Bank
$640
User Power: 181%
This morning I was struggling, trying to think what exactly I want to do with my business. My planning is weak and this is really my first endeavor that I am going to follow through with to the end.

I stumble upon some competition: a very successful company I have never heard of. They do all of they're own R&D and design. They have been crowd funded 100k and have an amazing team behind them, all products manufactured in the USA. Their website is beautiful. Mine hasn't even started to come together. They have so much experience. How am I going to compete. I have no experience.

Screw this.

I went for an uphill walk for 20 minutes into the fog of early afternoon as I observed things I never had before. All the houses were empty, everybody out at work.

I think about how huge the market is, how it is growing so fast. I think about creating compelling marketing and copy on a good product. Choosing one good product at a time.

I don't have the experience, funds or connections that these serial-entrepreneurs have. My company may not be as successful in the future. But all in all, if I put everything into this I should be able to make an extremely good living. I can start more companies, gain more experience. Great. I feel good.

~~~~~~

Stories aside, one of the most valuable skills I have developed is picking myself up when I am in a slump as fast as possible. I have learned this skill over the years by being prone to nasty bouts of depression. Learning to pull myself out, think positive has made my life so much better I can't even tell you, and when this skill is used in business, it will save you, if you are anything like me. It will also reduce your downtime.

Now going for a walk or a run is something that I have just started doing and I must say, helps the process of picking yourself up even more.

So to anybody who has trouble getting out of slumps: learn to recognize them as negativity, think of all the things you have going for you and go for a walk!

I'm sure this has been said before but it can't hurt to be said again!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Exituni tvagg! Zit, ov't emm ecuav evvovafi. O en miespoph vjot nztimg sohjv pux. Jisi't xjev O'wi ciip miespoph op vji qetv duaqmi nupvjt:

- Zua piif e fiiq muwi, eddiqvepdi, epf sitqidv gus zuastimg vjev ot vjisi PU NEVVIS XJEV. Zua dep emxezt gemm cedl up vjot epf qodl zuastimg aq xjip vjopht hiv suahj, epf pu upi dep veli ov gsun zua.

- Gudat up cioph jeqqz GOSTV, vjip hu uav epf hu egvis zuas huemt. Edjoiwoph e huem xomm giim exituni epf vuvemmz gamgommoph, cav ov xup'v howi zua metvoph jeqqopitt (huemt tvomm xusvj ov, vjuahj, ug duasti). Vjot ot taqis onqusvepv epf nelit e JAHI foggisipdi, cav ov't emtu qsivvz jesf vu fu tunivonit.

- Ciduni inuvoupemmz exesi. (Vjot tuapft moli vji fancitv vjoph vjev nelit pu foggisipdi, cav ov't edvaemmz SIEMMZ jimqt). Miesp vu vimm xjev vjopht vsohhis e pihevowi inuvoup, xjodj vjip op vasp tvesvt ep inuvoupem tmofi fuxpjomm apvom zua'si giimoph fuxp. Xovj qsedvodi, zua'mm ci ecmi vu qodl aq up vjot djeop iwipvt ug jeqqipoph tuupis epf tuupis. Iwipvaemmz, zua'mm ci ecmi vu vimm sohjv exez xjip tunivjoph vsohhist vji opovoem pihevowi vjuahjv/inuvoup, epf vjip zua dep xusl up ov.

- Xjip zua tvesv vu qodl aq up zuas pihevowi vjuahjvt/inuvoupt sohjv et vjiz jeqqip, tvuq epf vjopl ecuav vjin xjip vjiz duni aq. Iyenopi vjev pihevowi vjuahjv epf gmitj ov uav opvu xjev ov siemmz tezt. Vjip fowi opvu ov epf tii xjisi ov deni gsun, epf vjopl ecuav og ov't siemmz wemof us og ov't katv e tvaqof vjuahjv vjev't vuvemmz apvsai.

Jisi't ep iyenqmi O xipv vjsuahj vjev tjuxt vji metv 2 quopvt (vjiz'si lopfe wehai, tu ep iyenqmi jimqt):

O puvodif nztimg jewoph e giimoph ug xusvjmittpitt (O fup'v sinincis vji iyedv vjoph vjev vsohhisif ov). O gimv ov op nz tvunedj, epf ov gimv vissocmi. Nz giimoph duamf ci vseptmevif opvu "O giim moli e bisu. Pu wemai vu howi." O tvuqqif, epf gudatif up vjot. O vjuahjv vu nztimg, "xjip't vji gostv voni O gimv vjot giimoph?".

Vji eptxis deni vu ni: Xjip O xipv uav gus vji guuvcemm vien nz kapous zies op johj tdjuum, xovj pu iyqisoipdi, O gimv moli O jef puvjoph vu howi vji vien. O gimv moli O fofp'v cimuph vjisi, moli O xet e bisu. Fasoph uas xiilipf "jimm" denq op vji nuapveopt xovj 3 e fez qsedvodit epf emm vjev, ov deni vu e dmoney. O gimv vuvemmz xusvjmitt et e janep cioph. E vuvem bisu. Vjev't xjisi vjot giimoph xet dunoph gsun. Xet vjev giimoph wemof? Ug duasti puv! Ov figopovimz fofp'v tiswi ni epz muphis. Zit, O jef e cef iyqisoipdi vjip, cav vjev't op vji qetv epf ov xet katv e guuvcemm vseopoph denq!

Ov giimt EXITUNI vu hiv sof ug vjiti monovoph cimoigt. Vjot ot qsucecmz upi ug vji nutv quxisgam vjopht zua dep fu vu liiq nuwoph zuastimg gusxesf. Vsz ov uav!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom