• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Learning to hustle on the side

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Sellas, Aug 12, 2018 at 10:17 AM.

1. Sellas

Sellas New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $41
    I read MFL several years ago and made a decent attempt at trying to start up a consulting business on the side. One thing I learned in that business is that it wasn't very smart to start a customer-heavy consulting business while also working 60 hours a week during the business day. I then made the next step up in my corporate career into senior leadership and spent 2-3 years learning how to do that job properly. During this time frame I felt obligated to focus on that and put side hustles out of mind for a bit. Now here I am making another attempt at a side hustle that can eventually become a life style (thanks to reading Unscripted recently).

After reading the Import/Export posts by @Vigilante I decided this is something that will allow much more freedom while maintaining the day job. So after spending a few days going through the AMAZING content in that thread (seriously, I walked away with 20+ pages of notes!), I am now hunting for the first product to run with. I'm generally the type of person who will just sit back and absorb content, but I wanted to make this journey public to help keep pushing forward.

I have always had an entrepreneurial itch, but I have had a hard time pursuing that while providing for my family. This may not be the business I end up in, but I am determined to make this work as proof to myself that this lifestyle is possible. My goal is to update this thread each weekend with the progress I made the previous week and goals for the next week. The important thing is to keep making progress. That has to be REAL progress and not the faking that is so easy for me to fall into.

visiomari, Zcott, Vigilante and 2 others like this.
  2. ANR

ANR Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $345
    Good luck! Looking forward to reading the progress.

3. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $173,472
    Glad you came out of the shadows as there are a ton of people here that can help you when you get stuck.

4. Burton

Burton New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $72
    I'm really interested about your journey. Waiting for your progress posts!