• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Launching oKickstarter: A premium dress sock that can confidently be worn from the office to the gym

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by powderhound100, Feb 21, 2019.

1. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Contacted a guy that went to my college that went to my college whose a shoe buyer at Nordstroms, he's going to find the right sock person for me.

2. powderhound100

powderhound100 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    We found a really great manufacturing partner that's local to US, but has people in the ground in Haining City China where a lot of the sock factories are.

Xeon and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  3. powderhound100

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Thanks Eskil, I appreciate that.

I've actually had an issue with Home - Online PR Media, payment went through but files didn't seem to upload or there was some issue. Hoping to get ahold of them tomorrow.

4. MTF

MTF Never give up Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $77,073
    @powderhound100, what is your goal now that you've hit the minimum target?

5. powderhound100

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Trying to figure that out and what to put into it. TBH this isn't going as well as we were hoping, sales have stagnated and I am trying to figure out what else we can do to improve conversions etc.

Recently campaigns like this did decent: SilverSocks - World's Cleanest Silver Merino Wool Crew Socks
    Their sales didn't plateau, no idea why theirs didn't and ours are.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    MTF likes this.
  6. powderhound100

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Got a new banner up which will hopefully be more engaging.

Old:
    Top Professional bottom performance.png

Still trying to figure out positioning. We go back and forth on calling it a dress sock. Looking forward to doing more testing.. Gonna run with this for now:
    New:
    kickstarter header funded.png

Making some more tweaks to the page as well:
    Introducing the Pro-Formance Sock by ALMI

Xeon, AgainstAllOdds, Sheens and 2 others like this.
  7. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,662
    Here a line I use for my business.

“A healthcare company cleverly disguised as a food brand”

Maybe try..

“A gym sock cleverly disguised as a dress sock” ?

8. powderhound100

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Yes, initially we were using: "A high-quality athletic sock disguised as a dress sock." I'll go back to that, bit simpler/easier to understand tthan "A premium dress sock engineered for the office and the gym.

Xeon and Scot like this.
  9. Eskil

Eskil Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $49,601
    How about trying this to give the campaign a boost: Referral Marketing Tool for eCommerce & Crowdfunding

I haven't tried them, but I see campaigns using them now and the model sounds good at least in theory. Basically you can utilize the concept of affiliate marketing by rewarding every pledger and their friends to share, and you share a small % with them so they are more likely to do so.

Xeon and Scot like this.
  10. Blake_Writes

Blake_Writes Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $321
    Nice! This seems like a great upfront offer for influencers?
    I guess it could drive the "cost" of your rewards up a bit as you'd want to build this % into what each reward costs and maybe even your overall target goal...

Xeon, powderhound100 and Eskil like this.
  11. Blake_Writes

Blake_Writes Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $321
    @powderhound100 it's time to take this advice. Your KS sales have plateaued, but KS is only one platform. Take your social proof and go 10x this thing!
    No pressure - it's not like we're all watching or anything. :wideyed:

Xeon, powderhound100 and Thoelt53 like this.
  12. BigDaddyKane

BigDaddyKane Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $247
    This is great. Keep it up brotha, looking forward to seeing your success. You've got great momentum going, now just keep leveraging what you've built and rinse and repeat.

powderhound100 likes this.
  13. powderhound100

Rep Bank:
    $2,079
    Thanks Eskil. yea I'm setup there and had a couple of influencers but haven't seen any returns as of yet, unfortunately. If I do, I'll share here.

Xeon and Eskil like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.