The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Latest Mac vs PC Commercial (Windows 7)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You gotta love the way Apple continues to hammer PC on its weaknesses (and promises)

Whether you love PC or Mac, you cannot deny the great marketing...

Find your competitors weaknesses to expose a need ...
Then tailor your marketing campaigns to expose that need to the world ...

I love it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpOvzGiheOM"]YouTube - Mac vs. PC Windows 7 vs. Mac Ad: Broken Promises[/ame]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gerbs

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 29, 2009
Los Angeles
I saw this last night and was, yet again, impressed with Apples's creative marketing techniques; even though "I'm a PC." :p

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
They make good commercials, thats about it though. Windows has always treated me well.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Yea, I like windows better. This reminds me of Chevrolet saying that they have better mpg than Honda or Toyotas. While that may be true their cars don't even compare to Honda or Toyotas.

Macs are good, but there not as great as they think they are. Everyone knows that vista is horrible. I'm not sure why they are even mentioning it. It's not like windows couldn't point out stuff that they are better than macs at.

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Macs are good, but there not as great as they think they are. It's not like windows couldn't point out stuff that they are better than macs at.

WHAT??!:coco: Seriously, try a new mac and all the cool programs (iLife, iWork, even dashboard kind of stuff, etc.) and try telling me that again. It's like saying a rotary phone is as good as an iPhone.

I'm a Mac. For life. My hubby's a PC by default for work.(He may only be a Doctor, but even he's smart enough to know the difference! ; )

And yes, the marketing is simple and effective.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I can't compare since I haven't used a mac. I agree that windows xp is better then vista though. My comps always treated me well.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Even though I'm a "PC" -- I will say that Apple has always had a better culture than Microsoft or many in the IBM community for encouraging injections of art into their technology. They aren't just making computers -- they sell you on turning your dreams into reality. It's pretty cool. If I didn't work for one of the top 2 PC manufacturers in the world, I'd probably be a Mac person ;)

Cheers,

- Hakrjak

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Yea, I like windows better. This reminds me of Chevrolet saying that they have better mpg than Honda or Toyotas. While that may be true their cars don't even compare to Honda or Toyotas.

Macs are good, but there not as great as they think they are. Everyone knows that vista is horrible. I'm not sure why they are even mentioning it. It's not like windows couldn't point out stuff that they are better than macs at.

The new Chevy Malibu is nicer than the currant Camry. I would rank them Accord, Malibu, Camry; in that order.

Give GM another chance they have come a long way.

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina

fast_track_chaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Oct 23, 2009
I think for the most part Mac does have great product. But what kills me is that I see a lot of Mac users who praise how cool it is to have a mac, but still want to load Windows related software on it. :smx4:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I think for the most part Mac does have great product. But what kills me is that I see a lot of Mac users who praise how cool it is to have a mac, but still want to load Windows related software on it. :smx4:

Macs use dual processors, so this is no problem. You can run any PC software on them. I've been doing it for years now.

But I prefer to maintain a standalone desktop PC and just use logmein w/my Mac. Faster to switch back and forth.

-Russ H.

PS I love the "I'm a Mac/PC" ads. My current fave is below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D5B8H0U8w&feature=channel]YouTube - Mac vs. PC Windows 7 vs. Mac Ad: PC News[/ame]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey, I missed this one!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaoSuSEJfyo&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-HM]YouTube - Get a Mac Ad - Yoga[/ame]

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.