The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Late to the game

The Real Q

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jul 25, 2019
Hello everyone!

I am a 47 year old who has lived a VERY scripted life. I regret all of my money-making decisions because I have always chosen the "job with good pay & benefits" no matter how much I hated it. I have always taken the wrong advice; advice from family and friends who prefer the slow lane. Hopefully I can change all that soon. I'm hopeful I will meet entrepreneurs who will inspire and teach me what to do. I have spent too much time and money trying to figure it out myself. The so-called "Gurus" have taught me nothing (they always seem to leave out key information) and I'm not into being sold a "dream." I need a real game-plan. In my line of work, I can retire at age 50. I want to get into a web-based business I can continue with after I fully retire from the slow lane. I know that is not the preferred method but I showed up to this game very late!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum my friend!

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Welcome to the Forum! Great to have a more experienced guy on board ;) Are you based in Europe by any chance?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Welcome to the forum.

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
Welcome to the forum. You are not late, imagine realizing that you wasted all your life in your death bed. Now THAT is late.
Since you want to continue on a "web based business", there are many people here with their fair share of experience, including me, so if you have any questions we would like to help. I for one, am eager to see you progress.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
welcome! Like Danczyk said, a lot of us have experience on the web. There is a huge variety of things you can do on the internet to make money. When you're ready, post some of your thoughts about what you want to do. You'll get advice from all sorts of people.

There's an excellent thread on here about depression and other mental illness problems that entrepreneurs go through ... that's worth a read too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...