The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lacking Motivation

rlucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Nov 5, 2007
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce my self a little bit and perhaps explain my current situation.

As of now I am a college student graduating with a finance degree in the spring. Most likely I will not be using this degree after graduation because A) After many upper level finance courses I have begun to dislike the topic. B) I am a web designer with a rather robust portfolio from freelance work I have done over the years.

I currently work for a reputable web design firm here in the city and will most likely be offered a full time design position when I graduate.

The second reason I am writing this introduction is because I have a website idea of my own that will generate huge amounts of cash. I have been working on the design of this site on paper for about 2 years now and the general 'system' of the site has been essentially completed. The problem is that the site is extremely complex in a sense that it would be hard for me to develop on my own like I have done so in the past with other sites.

Ideally it would make sense for me to contract this site out to perhaps the firm I work for at a prorated price. The problem is that I am having a difficult time allowing myself to have someone else design the site in fear that my original design will be lost along with its cash flowing abilities.

Basically, I need motivation and some kind of design method that will allow me to develop this site by myself. I could use some help in breaking down complex jobs into bite-sized tasks.

With school and work (3 Jobs) it feels like this amazing opportunity will never come to fruition...Any ideas?

Ryan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I would recommend you reading "Getting Real" by 37signals I'm a web developer myself and it really helped me out!

It is focused in the web development/business area but can be applied to almost everything. READ IT! :smxB:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Ps: The sites are down now, I don't know why but they should be up anytime soon.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
The man the myth the legend! Would this be the one and only ryan lucas from colorado?
Welcome to the site my man, its amazing!
Ryan Z

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
...breaking down complex jobs into bite-sized tasks...

You just answered your own question. Don't make it more complicated than that. Build a team. Don't be afraid to outsource, just check references/previous work and don't pay in full until you are satisfied with the product.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...