- Joined
- Jan 1, 2021
- Messages
- 25
Rep Bank
$270
$270
User Power: 132%
Hello all,
I've just finished FastLane, and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself here. Historically I've always been averse to involving myself in online communities attached to self-improvment books etc., but felt fully compelled in this case to have some humility and enter in as a complete beginner into a world no doubt full of experts.
I'm a 33 year old Brit who's just moving back from spending 3 years in Los Angeles. I work in the movie industry, writing music for films (or 'doing what I love', as @MJ DeMarco would put it...). And as much as I have enjoyed some success over the years, it's been a slog that has slowly eroded my love of music and film. Working on too many awful projects for too many awful people for too low pay and punishing hours/deadlines finally took its toll. And when C0VlD-19 came along and torpedoed the industry, I finally decided to re-assess my situation.
I realised that what I was looking for was financial freedom. To be able to one day pursue my artistic goals without the burden of a brief, an a**hole client, an impossible deadline....
And I am someone who has historically been fairly terrible with money - being freelance meant I would yo-yo from desperately poor, to landing a decent gig, frittering away that money almost immediately and going back to the breadline.
I got sick of this, and decided to take charge of the situation. After reading a few recommended books on value investing etc. and becoming fairly disheartened at how long this wealth journey was going to take, investing in ETFs etc., I finally came across the FastLane and have resolved to hurl myself into it.
So, here I am. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to action everything I've learned thus far, but will be dedicating bandwidth in the coming weeks towards a problem that can be solved, a gap that can be bridged; some way I can provide value, and affect millions. Something that adheres to the C.E.N.T.S. system.
I'll do my best to continue to engage with the community, provide value where I can, and hopefully learn something from all of the experience that is no doubt floating around everywhere here.
Look forward to getting to know some of you and your own endeavours
All the best,
David.
I've just finished FastLane, and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself here. Historically I've always been averse to involving myself in online communities attached to self-improvment books etc., but felt fully compelled in this case to have some humility and enter in as a complete beginner into a world no doubt full of experts.
I'm a 33 year old Brit who's just moving back from spending 3 years in Los Angeles. I work in the movie industry, writing music for films (or 'doing what I love', as @MJ DeMarco would put it...). And as much as I have enjoyed some success over the years, it's been a slog that has slowly eroded my love of music and film. Working on too many awful projects for too many awful people for too low pay and punishing hours/deadlines finally took its toll. And when C0VlD-19 came along and torpedoed the industry, I finally decided to re-assess my situation.
I realised that what I was looking for was financial freedom. To be able to one day pursue my artistic goals without the burden of a brief, an a**hole client, an impossible deadline....
And I am someone who has historically been fairly terrible with money - being freelance meant I would yo-yo from desperately poor, to landing a decent gig, frittering away that money almost immediately and going back to the breadline.
I got sick of this, and decided to take charge of the situation. After reading a few recommended books on value investing etc. and becoming fairly disheartened at how long this wealth journey was going to take, investing in ETFs etc., I finally came across the FastLane and have resolved to hurl myself into it.
So, here I am. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to action everything I've learned thus far, but will be dedicating bandwidth in the coming weeks towards a problem that can be solved, a gap that can be bridged; some way I can provide value, and affect millions. Something that adheres to the C.E.N.T.S. system.
I'll do my best to continue to engage with the community, provide value where I can, and hopefully learn something from all of the experience that is no doubt floating around everywhere here.
Look forward to getting to know some of you and your own endeavours
All the best,
David.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
