The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Basically a more in depth response to "motivations when you don't need money" thread. When to say no.

There is a thread at TheFastlaneForum.com discussing motivation without the need for money. First of all, most of us don't "need" more money, we want more money... So the real question isn't if we want more, because sure why not, it is what we have to do for it...

What are you willing to do for money? For me, the answer comes down to TIME.

And yes, I am willing to do less and less for money as time goes on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Basically a more in depth response to "motivations when you don't need money" thread. When to say no.

There is a thread at TheFastlaneForum.com discussing motivation without the need for money. First of all, most of us don't "need" more money, we want more money... So the real question isn't if we want more, because sure why not, it is what we have to do for it...

Fantastic episode man!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thanks man! It was fun to record it as usual!
Absolutely. Love the part about wisdom being unconventional by nature. That needs to be part of the definition of it!

Also the part about time. It's tricky - when you're starting out, you want to aim for "big," but a new entrepreneur also might not have a good plan for getting there. So those small scrappy wins might be more worth it? The flipping part was good, definitely something to think about

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Absolutely. Love the part about wisdom being unconventional by nature. That needs to be part of the definition of it!

Also the part about time. It's tricky - when you're starting out, you want to aim for "big," but a new entrepreneur also might not have a good plan for getting there. So those small scrappy wins might be more worth it? The flipping part was good, definitely something to think about
Hell yeah they’re worth it in the beginning. That’s why I took opportunities in the past that I wouldn’t consider now. I built my life on the smaller stuff than this. That’s why I get to keep looking bigger. Don’t despise the day of small beginnings, but also don’t be small for the sake of small either.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Great work Kyle. As usual.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

6FEF2C40-508E-460F-864A-258B52045059.jpeg

Side note, you know you’re a radio douche when 10 words or less inspire a 25 minute show. :rofl:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Perhaps I missed this but could you share your listenership numbers? Maybe do a 2021 summary? Super curious how the podcast grew with so many new episodes published last year.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Perhaps I missed this but could you share your listenership numbers? Maybe do a 2021 summary? Super curious how the podcast grew with so many new episodes published last year.
Yes, I will put together something for everyone. The growth to the show has been unfortunately more linear than I hoped that it would be. As a medium that should build on itself as more people find out about it, people should find out about it at a continuously increasing pace, I was hoping it would be a lot bigger by now.

We do have steady growth and I am producing good content, in large enough quantities, that there will be no other reality, but for the show to be truly discovered.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
I don't think I've ever posted before on this thread but I am a regular listener Kyle since near the beginning and it astounds me that such a high quality show like yours seems to fly so under the radar. I have no doubt you will be discovered sooner than later.

Also your latest episode about Dan resonated with me, I really enjoyed it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yes, I will put together something for everyone. The growth to the show has been unfortunately more linear than I hoped that it would be. As a medium that should build on itself as more people find out about it, people should find out about it at a continuously increasing pace, I was hoping it would be a lot bigger by now.

We do have steady growth and I am producing good content, in large enough quantities, that there will be no other reality, but for the show to be truly discovered.

Please do share. I can also send you over my gf's stats for her podcast via Skype or whatever you use these days (she launched it about a year and a half ago).

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I don't think I've ever posted before on this thread but I am a regular listener Kyle since near the beginning and it astounds me that such a high quality show like yours seems to fly so under the radar. I have no doubt you will be discovered sooner than later.

Also your latest episode about Dan resonated with me, I really enjoyed it.

Kyle is a wise man. An old soul, if you ask me. And his radio show is just an extension of him.

But his message is not for mass adoption and I think because of that it'll always be "under the radar" as you put it. Majority of people want the easy, rich life without putting in the work. Just look at the number of guru scam artists promising the world to their followers for a low price of $5,000 per course and a monthly $500 subscription. Their message is usually "just dream about it while watching Netflix and it'll come". I exaggerate on purpose.

Kyle keeps talking about Thinking BIGGER. That means that even if you crested that 8 figure net-worth and working towards 9 figures, you shouldn't be retiring. He is not selling you the "dream" of being a lazy useless F*ck and pretending to be happy. He wants people to be constantly productive. But most people want to make enough to "finally" be able to afford sitting on their asses. That's why Kyle's show is popular here but not for the 99% out there.

[@Kak correct me if I am wrong here...]

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Kyle is a wise man. An old soul, if you ask me. And his radio show is just an extension of him.

But his message is not for mass adoption and I think because of that it'll always be "under the radar" as you put it. Majority of people want the easy, rich life without putting in the work. Just look at the number of guru scam artists promising the world to their followers for a low price of $5,000 per course and a monthly $500 subscription. Their message is usually "just dream about it while watching Netflix and it'll come". I exaggerate on purpose.

Kyle keeps talking about Thinking BIGGER. That means that even if you crested that 8 figure net-worth and working towards 9 figures, you shouldn't be retiring. He is not selling you the "dream" of being a lazy useless f*ck and pretending to be happy. He wants people to be constantly productive. But most people want to make enough to "finally" be able to afford sitting on their asses. That's why Kyle's show is popular here but not for the 99% out there.

I love this description and love his show. Granted, it's not about breaking your back forever, but working on the stuff that you want to and that truly pulls the biggest levers.

That excites me and makes me optimistic about getting old one day - something most people dread.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Kyle keeps talking about Thinking BIGGER. That means that even if you crested that 8 figure net-worth and working towards 9 figures, you shouldn't be retiring. He is not selling you the "dream" of being a lazy useless f*ck and pretending to be happy. He wants people to be constantly productive. But most people want to make enough to "finally" be able to afford sitting on their asses. That's why Kyle's show is popular here but not for the 99% out there.

Andy Frisella was very successful with his MFCEO podcast even though it was very similar to Kyle's stuff.

David Goggins is very successful as well despite his message being so extreme that many people think he's crazy.

But yeah, there's a reason why some people say that it's better to sell stuff to 99% of people (lazy, unambitious, prone to believe that their life can change overnight) than to the 1% (driven, disciplined, overachievers)..

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
He is not selling you the "dream" of being a lazy useless f*ck and pretending to be happy.
Contribution mindset! Making a difference through capitalism and value creation... I can't think of something that would make me happier than having made a large contribution to the world. Of course, this also means I'm rich AF.

Rich AF is an effect of contribution, not a cause. When rich AF is a cause, people fall for the "10 steps" and other expensive over-simplifications of an artistic process.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Fed = Ponzi Scheme

They turn steak dinners into taco dinners.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Kak, wow thank you so much!

I appreciate you taking the time to build it into a story and spend so much time of the episode talking about it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Shout out to @Antifragile for the inspiration on this one. He didn’t know I was going to do this.

You have quickly become one of my absolute favorite members of TFLF even though we got off to a rocky start for me being right.
:rofl:

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Thank you for such a great shoutout @Kak. And for calling me old. :rofl:

I believe we are exactly where we are in life because of decisions we make. The opportunities are abundant if you are willing to think different and think bigger.

Unfortunately, most spend way too much time making excuses about why we're not where we want to be in life, instead of figuring out what is standing in our way and how we can overcome it or remove it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I totally freewheeled today and forgot Joe Rogan and Spotify! I did have some other great examples in there though.

The whole topic is just fascinating to me. They say that there is no such thing as bad press... I don't know if I agree or disagree...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mark off some time for Friday's episode with guest @Antifragile

He has an amazing story and also some incredible wisdom for big thinking, leadership oriented, entrepreneurs. I am super excited to have him on the show.

Your voice has been heard.... More guests, and more guest appearances by me. I am readying my media kit and I will host it on my website. I will make it available to download for all of my listeners.

Want to hear me go toe to toe with a particular podcasting giant? I'm in.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

As someone that didn't try extremely hard in school, or jobs working for other people, I found myself with an entirely new outlook when I became an entrepreneur. I am now the leader, the head of my organization... All of a sudden, it matters, so I overprepare and do my absolute best to deliver excellence.

The beautiful part is, no one has to know how hard you worked to be exceptional, the only thing that matters is that you are.

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_61d6ae0...jpeg

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Good episode @Kak

I can relate.

Formal education was like a game, get good grades with the least amount of effort. But the minute I am responsible for my family's income through my business... the minute I am responsible for other people's salary - things change. Be prepared. There is no such thing as over-prepared. The nerves do calm before an important meeting when you are ready.

Same can be said about sports. I think @MTF and I had a nice exchange on this topic. People who train for half marathon by not even running a half in training are asking for it. Do more and you'll enjoy the run more too.

Business is the hardest game in the world. How can anyone be over-prepared for it?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.