The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Knowledge Into Action

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Hi everyone,

We all share a common interest in gaining knowledge from personal growth books, seminars, YouTube videos, podcasts and courses but as you all know, nothing changes until the knowledge is applied.

Do any of you have a Knowledge action plan spreadsheet or template where you take action on 1-2 ideas form everything you learn?

If so, will you please consider sharing it or giving an idea of what idea implementation strategy works for you?

GoGetter101

New Contributor
Jun 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

We all share a common interest in gaining knowledge from personal growth books, seminars, YouTube videos, podcasts and courses but as you all know, nothing changes until the knowledge is applied.

Do any of you have a Knowledge action plan spreadsheet or template where you take action on 1-2 ideas form everything you learn?

If so, will you please consider sharing it or giving an idea of what idea implementation strategy works for you?
It's all about balance.
If you feel like your not taking enough action then your probably consuming too much information (this is the majority of us)
If you feel like your not learning anything from the actions you take then your not consuming enough information or at least new information.

Why are majority of us consumers?
We consume all the time. Right now you are consuming my post. You watch TV, scroll through facebook, read books, etc. We are all designed to be consumers. It's a survival mechanism. You feel like you need to consume to survive, to feel good, etc.

How do you turn what you consume into action?
You can't turn everything you consume into action. We only have 24 hours in a day. You have to pick and choose. I used to watch a lot of YouTube videos. I realised YouTubers make good money doing what they love. So then I decided to start my own YouTube channel. Now I run mulitiple channels that make me a full time income.

Once you take action on one big thing you always consume you'll notice you enjoy what you do and you'll also have less time to consume other content that were just a waste of time.

Let's say there's multiple things you enjoy consuming. For example maybe you watch a lot of YouTube videos and read books. You should put most of your effort on one and use the other one as a reward. So in this case I would take action on the books I read and watch YouTube videos as a reward if I took the action.

Classmate

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 21, 2018
"Do any of you have a Knowledge action plan spreadsheet or template where you take action on 1-2 ideas form everything you learn?"

I basically point out the problems that I have in life and then try to solve them individually.
I don't care a lot about histories from the most successful people, because they usually leave out a lot of the "history" part. There are a lot of good old networking who is just luck, and people attribute big success to what they *believe* it was their cause of success, but it was usually multiple causes.
Then you start to somehow be like them, or something like that... it doesn't work.

What works for you it will not be what worked for them (probably).

What matters is your piece of paper, your goals, problems, and solutions. Think about self help as brainstorm at most, but read about psychology too. Psychology gives you a lot fo tolls self help doesn't.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom